Coast Mountain College (CMTN), Prince Rupert campus, invites applications for full-time term
Information Technology (IT) Technician. This position will commence as soon as possible for a one-year term. A flexible schedule is required as some evening and weekend work may be required. Salary will be in accordance with the BCGEU Support Staff Scale, Level 11.
Duties: This position will provide effective technical support in CMTN desktops systems, applications and assist supporting enterprise systems that support desktop network connectivity.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain computer and telecommunication systems equipment
- Provide support for Windows operating systems and CMTN approved applications including but not limited to Ricoh Papercut, and Office 365
- Monitor and support all CMTN approved security software and desktops
- Create and maintain workstation images using CMTN approved images and imaging process
- Support and maintain CMTN video conference software and hardware as assigned
- Maintain printers and printing in good working order and assist Senior IT Technicians maintain printer queues and virtual printing appliances
- Assists in the development of Helpdesk by analyzing requirements and making recommendations
- Assess needs for hardware and software equipment and coordinate and make recommendation to the Director of Technology Services
- Ensure all authorized CMTN standards, policies and procedures are adhered to and violations corrected
- Create, maintain, and update inventory files for software licenses; hardware equipment; audio/visual equipment; technical documentation, etc. and ensure that staff and instructors properly manage physical information technology assets
- All other related duties of similar scope and complexity as required
A diploma in Information Technologies or related field along with three years of related work experience. Microsoft and CompTIA certificates are an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Proven skills and experience with combination of the following must be demonstrated:
- Strong skills in supporting Windows operating systems
- Proficient with Office 365, video/web-conferencing, email, and internet applications
- Strong trouble-shooting skills in a mixed environment running Windows Desktops as well as with networking peripherals such as multifunction printers
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and current resume and quote competition #19.102B.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Information Technology: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft and CompTIA (Preferred)