At Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH), the patient experience comes first. With three hospital sites (Birchmount, General and Centenary) and five satellite sites, SRH provides a broad spectrum of health services to one of the most diverse communities in Canada.
Created through a merger of The Scarborough Hospital’s Birchmount and General sites and Rouge Valley Health System’s Centenary site in December 2016, SRH is committed to delivering the highest quality patient- and family-centred care, with a focus on enhancing access to services for the Scarborough community.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, OR, PACU, and SDS, you will receive and process patients for the OR, PACU and SDS.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Medical Administration certificate / diploma or equivalent or have minimum of 1 year current relevant clerical experience in a hospital setting
• Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (testing will be administered)
• Demonstrates accurate filing skills (Will be required to complete and pass the skills assessment)
• Experience with Order entry and Meditech
• Working knowledge of SIS program
• Demonstrates excellent customer service, interpersonal
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
• Excellent telephone skills, able efficiently manage up to 3 telephone lines
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrated commitment to self-development and learning
• Demonstrates values consistent with TSH′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance record
• Experience with Community Wide Scheduling and appointment bookings
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Medical terminology (testing will be administered)
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough and Rouge Hospital (SRH) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SRH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.