RFNOW Inc. is seeking applications from motivated individuals to join our team as a VP of Technology. RFNOW Inc. is a successful, dynamic organization with opportunities to grow and specialize in a number of areas within the field of technology including: broadband wireless communication, fibre optics, network architecture/maintenance, and IP telephony services.
Skills and Experience
- Develop and implement strategic vision for the organization and provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to assure the consistent execution of this vision
- Ensuring optimal network performance by monitoring network health, security and capacity; including Tier 1 and Tier 2 support, client service issue ticketing from voicemail, email, monitored services platform, technician daily / monthly reporting
- Directly support the efforts of remote monitoring and management across the Company network. Provide Service Functions, Business Verticals, and Engineering with data to support both internal and external communication of network performance. 24/7/365 Customer Care Operations and Management of 3rd Parties.
- Establish strong relationships across the organization with key partners and constituents, specifically Solutions Development, Network Engineering, Information Systems and Satellite Operations to meets the team’s goals and objectives
- Operate the NOC and have appropriate technical acumen to support broadcast and network assets
- Oversee the management and implementation of large-scale projects and service contracts
- Maintain and enhance a strong service-oriented environment for both internal and external customers, focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution
- Ensure full compliance with all federal, provincial, and municipal regulations for owned/managed assets and personnel
- Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures and protocols.
- Develop and manage the Network Operations budget
- Value engineer existing processes and tools used in the field and the distributed NOC infrastructure to maximize organizational efficiency while enhancing the customer experience
- Implement improved processes, which utilize technology, to improve jobs, processes, training, tools and overall work quality
- Minimum of 10 years of combined wireless telecommunications and/or network operations experience, including management of multi-layered teams.
- Candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in business, telecommunication, computer systems, or suitable experience.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and synthesizing internal and external customer needs into a concise, clear and influential presentation.
- Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless internal and external customer experience and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated success in identifying talent and building individual and management capability; proven track record of building successful organizations.
- Exceptional strategic and problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing network operations center 24/7 technical support
- Working with suppliers, contractors, partners, and 3rd party delivery teams to define service/support strategy along with operational tasks
- Experience defining service levels, key performance indicator definitions and techniques for measuring operations and management of customer facing systems and associated platforms required to collect, measure and monitor performance and availability
- Technology experience implementing and improving systems and processes for enterprise or carrier networks
- Out of the box thinker that can relate to computer infrastructure, networking, and wireless telecommunications industry trends to propose game-changing solutions and partnerships, backed by financial insights and KPIs
- A flexible and adaptable leader in highly fluid environment (comfortably handles rapid and repeated changes in priority and focus).
- Has an innate drive to achieve and lead by example.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to articulate a clear vision. He/She must be able to communicate complex information in writing through detailed project plans and business cases. Proven experience in persuading others through the use of logic and compelling data
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships across business units, with sales and executive staff, and with clients
- Can establish clear performance standards, encourage teamwork, provide development opportunities, coach to maximize employee contribution, provide feedback and delegate effectively
- Create strong collaborative team environment that focuses on career development and progression for employees.
- Partner with the Innovation and Service Architecture teams to account for network resiliency and allow for network growth
- Works with customer facing account/field/support teams as well as customers when called upon to discuss other support needs
- Direct network operations team's activities to ensure customer platforms are kept serviceable, available and supportable 24/7/365, ensuring maintenance tasks are coordinated, communicated, scheduled and resourced accordingly
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)