The Company: EFS-plastics is one of North America’s leading plastic recyclers, focused on converting post-consumer mixed plastics (#3-7) and plastic film into high-quality resin pellets. As global concern around plastic waste rises, EFS looks to grow by providing a sustainable alternative to virgin plastic. We currently have two locations in Listowel, ON and Hazelton, PA.
- Our mission is to protect the environment and reduce waste by processing post-consumer recycled plastics into a viable, mainstream resource.
- We believe in being trusted partners for our customers, loyal neighbours in our communities, and consistent stewards of our environment.
The Position: We’re looking for a Manager of Recyclable Material & Supplies to manage purchasing of both raw material and process supplies. The majority of the Manager’s time will be spent securing post-consumer plastic produced at Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs) across North America. This position requires travelling in the US and Canada. We are looking for a creative, honest, environmentally focused professional to expand and improve our feedstock supply.
- Maintain strong and transparent relationship with our existing suppliers;
- Provide weekly updates and develop monthly strategic sourcing plan with supervisor;
- Issue purchase orders and coordinate with Logistics Coordinator on scheduling;
- Secure new suppliers of raw material;
- Communicate regularly with internal staff to evaluate quality of supply;
- Work with suppliers to improve MRF operations to enhance quality or increase volume through frequent phone calls and occasional site visits;
- Maintain inventory of process supplies and place orders when necessary; and
- Reduce costs of process supplies through negotiation and diverse sourcing.
- Solid understanding of the recycling industry;
- Familiarity with operation of MRFs;
- Expose to post-consumer plastic commodities and markets;
- Experience in negotiating pricing;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work independently;
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills;
- Comfort using Excel and managing a pricing database; and
- Integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
Location: EFS-plastics is based in Listowel, ON. The preferred candidate would be able to work from the main office, but flexible opportunities may be available for some applicants.
Why Should You Apply?
- Receive a competitive salary and leading industry benefits;
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance; and
- Be at the frontier of addressing the growing plastic waste problem.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent