Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc. is seeking an experienced, full-time permanent Pharmacy Assistant to join our busy Pharmacy Operations team.
Located in Aurora, Ontario, Summit Veterinary Pharmacy Inc. has been supplying prescription compounded medications to veterinary clinics across Canada for over 20 years. Our mission is to provide high quality, innovative solutions with precision compounding; enabling veterinarians to fulfill their commitment to their clients' health and well-being.
All qualified applicants, please send us your cover letter and resume. We thank all those who apply however, due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please).
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment and selection process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Check calculations for the accomplishment of final, finished product
- Check labels internal drug code name, CIN, BUDs and lot numbers
- Check Rx number, date, name of the clinic, patient, sig, doctor's name, doctor's license number and doctor's signature
- Check medication name, strength, dose, BUD, directions and flavour (when required)
- Verify staff, managers and pharmacists signature on prescription
- Verify the presence of auxiliary labels on bottles (when required)
- Validate prescriptions reference number against the database patients information
- Verify that syringes, adapta caps and info sheets go with the order (when required)
- Reporting on the CQI log
- Computer literacy (KROLL)
- Customer service experience
- Effective communicator (oral and written)
- Basic mathematics skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Advanced drug knowledge (strengths, dosages, format)
- Able to prioritize multiple skills and tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Physical Surroundings: Office equipment, Compounding equipment, Active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Working Conditions: Temperatures are moderate, noise level is moderate to loud depending on the department, employee can be sedentary or on their feet for a large portion of the day, this is dependent on the location of the signer in the facility.
- Physical Effort: minimal physical effort required, signer is to observe proper ergonomics
- Domestic/International Travel: N/A
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm (40 hours per week)
- 2+ years of relevant pharmacy experience
- Completion or working towards Registered Pharmacy Technician certification (asset)
- Compounding experience (asset)
- Full medical and dental benefits (includes extended health, prescription and vision coverage)
- Group RRSP plan after one year of employment
- Friendly environment
- Staff appreciation lunches
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Pharmacy: 2 years (Required)