Goh Ballet is currently looking to hire a full time Digital Marketing and Events Assistant to coordinate and assist with the implementation of marketing and promotional activities for Goh Ballet, specific to digital brand touchpoints and special events. This can include the promotion of academy programs and functions, ballet productions, attend special events and coordinate the online brand communications across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and brand websites. If you are enthusiastic, professional and would like to work in a small, dynamic team supporting the Arts, we would be excited to have you join us. With steadfast commitment for over 40 years, Goh Ballet offers vibrant, innovative and diverse dance educational experiences to students, taught by award winning instructors.
The Digital Marketing and Events Assistant supports the Marketing and Communications Associate and Goh Ballet’s Director in maintaining and improving the company’s reputation and brand with the intended audiences of the Staff, Future and Current Students, Key Stakeholders, and the Public. As the key support for digital media and brand representation, you provide implementation expertise to ensure best practice across all online assets, keep the brand up to date with best usage of digital platforms, gather content, maintain and grow community engagement as well as assist on all production, events and campaign initiatives including PR, Marketing and Communications.
- Be the voice of Goh Ballet across all social media and digital marketing communications.
- Creates and implements a monthly social calendar, in line with the Company’s annual marketing schedule for all programs and events.
- Manages, sources and curates images, videos, design assets as needed for content or campaign amplification, such as working with internal stakeholders or external marketing and design agencies.
- As needed, monitors and implements Google SEM/SEO optimisations and campaign set up as part of Goh Ballet’s marketing initiatives and always-on strategy.
- As needed, executes paid social media advertising across Facebook and Instagram, providing clear recommendation of tactic and audience targeting and implementing in a timely manner to budget.
- Supports the Marketing and Communications Associate in delivering campaign and marketing initiatives.
- Supports all Goh Ballet special events, on-site and off-site, with promotional copy and content including ensuring the delivering of any sponsorship or cross-promotional initiatives.
- Monitors effectiveness of digital strategies and marketing initiatives, providing campaign reports and quarterly reports with recommendations for future improvements.
- Ensures all digital platforms are adhering to best practice standards, raising any requirements or recommendations as needed.
- Participates in key brand workshops and brainstorms for new marketing opportunities and areas for development.
Communications and Events
- Ensure brand guidelines and purpose are communicated and adhered to across platforms and by all stakeholders.
- Maintains the Academy’s website and keeps information up-to-date.
- Monitors online media activity related to Goh Ballet and its affiliates.
- Assists in producing and editing key marketing collateral including creative writing and shaping of brand voice across print and digital media.
- Supervises the Academy’s newsletter and main email campaigns working closely with the Marketing and the Administrative Associates.
- Delivers special event communications to staff and public such as event notices, social media updates and event coverage posted on social media.
- Assists in PR initiatives and additional marketing services support as required for various projects and other day-to-day requirements for marketing and communications administration
- At least 3 years’ experience in a digital marketing, junior communications or social media specialist role
- A qualification or degree in journalism, creative writing, arts or communications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, implementing and reporting on social content across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. WeChat a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prepare brand copy, and brand assets such as working with a designer or creative writing experience.
- General understanding of Facebook and Google analytics/reporting required. Google AdWords and Google Analytics certified preferred.
- Exposure to social media advertising preferred.
- Prior experience in assisting with event marketing a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)