- Commission or Independent Contractor
High level of skill in variety of esthetic and spa treatments such as:
- Body treatments
- Relaxation body massage
- Brow and lash tinting
- Lash lifting
- Active listening
- Handling difficult conversations
- Organization and planning
- Following written and verbal instructions
- Communication in written and spoken English
- Team Player
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an example of professional and appropriate behavior in the luxury spa market.
- Fulfill their duties and responsibilities as set out by the Employee Handbook and practitioner job descriptions, and enable others in the fulfillment of their duties and responsibilities.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all service and product offerings while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Participate in training on the specific treatment offerings by the spa.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, retail products, promotions and home care routines, meeting minimum retail sales goals.
- Prepare work area and properly clean and restock room as required.
- Perform client treatments to a high level of skill, as scheduled by reception and managers.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost control.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Accept and perform various tasks in the spa as delegated by the assistant manager and general manager.
- Meet predetermined operational and financial targets.
- Attend and fully participate in semi-annual performance appraisals.
- Diplomatically and tactfully handle client complaints expressed to them.
- Exhibit behavior in support of team morale and success.
- Attend and fully participate in staff induction, subsequent training sessions, and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Be available to fill shifts as per their pre-established availability.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Certification by a recognized, and preferably accredited, esthetics training center in the esthetics and spa treatments offered by The Spa at Ambleside.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with professionalism in written and spoken English.
- The following qualifications are not required to apply, but are an asset to the position-holder:
o CIDESCO Beauty Therapy diploma
o Training in therapeutic massage techniques
The full-time position has a work schedule of 40 hours per week, not including breaks. Full-time estheticians will be expected to rotate Saturday and Sunday shifts with other estheticians, as scheduled. Estheticians are expected to periodically contribute to the business contingency plan when called upon.
The part-time position requires a part-time, flexible schedule, including some evenings, with rotating Saturdays and Sundays. Estheticians are expected to periodically contribute to the business contingency plan when called upon.
Estheticians will wear a mask over the mouth and nose and/or disposable gloves during certain client treatments, and whenever required by law.
This position may involve periodically handling difficult situations and client interactions with a calm professionalism, and will require that the esthetician is not easily flustered.
This position will require standing and/or sitting for long periods of time. Bending, squatting, and kneeling will be required.
Estheticians are required to perform fine work that requires precise motor skills, dexterity, and good eyesight in dim lighting.
Estheticians may be required to move or handle large pieces of equipment and furniture, and well as boxes of stock.
Estheticians perform much of their duties and tasks in close proximity to clients and others.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
All staff is required to have updated covid-19 vaccinations and need to abide by current government legislations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- EDMONTON, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Aesthetic treatments: 2 years (required)
- esthetician certificate (required)
Work Location: In person