Torch Industries Ltd. is proud to offer one of the finest industrial remote camp catering services. Our team of Red Seal Certified staff have the expertise and skills to create a first-class remote catering experience for the client. Torch’s remote camp catering creates a level of comfort that will exceed workers’ expectations and ensure employee retention. Our range of hospitality services include work-camp staffing and management, culinary services, utility services, communications and maintenance, snow removal, event coordination and lifestyle programs.
Torch is currently recruiting for Camp Attendants to ensure the cleanliness of the camp facility & client accommodations and assist site management with monitoring of camp occupancy. This includes both interior and exterior tasks dependent of the camp size and contract type (ie. Rig Camp or Dorm Camp).
Preference will be given to those applicants with previous remote camp experience or housekeeping in a hotel experience.
- Daily participation in site safety requirements and meetings
- Assigned duties/workloads as appointed from site supervisor. Workload expectations of a 10hr shift – see scale in Best Practices
- Maintain personal hygiene & uniform cleanliness and requirements throughout shift as per standards
- Completion of daily documentation as required for site requirements and contractual commitments
- Interior housekeeping of client accommodations and common areas, which may include hallways, recreation hall, office complexes, dining rooms, washrooms, shower rooms as applicable to site requirements and to the highest level of hygiene & thoroughness. Duties shall include the following tasks:
- Making beds daily, weekly linen changes &/or when occupant changes
- Laundry (washing, drying and folding of towels, face cloths &/or sheets & cases)
- Vacuuming, sweeping & mopping
- Dusting of fixtures and furniture
- Washing walls, stain removal
- Cleaning & disinfecting all washrooms & fixtures, shower rooms and common areas
- Waste and recyclable disposal for your designated area(s)
- Exterior housekeeping may be required or assigned – emptying waste &/or recyclable receptacles, clearing & or cleaning of entrance/exit ways and walkways (sweeping, shoveling, etc), minimal and appearance related site or lease clean up (picking up garbage, recyclables, etc)
- Restocking and replenishing of linen & supplies (towels, face cloths, soap, toilet paper, etc) in rooms and common areas as required.
- Monitoring &/or topping up consumables (water, fuel, propane), dependent on site layout & contractual commitments
- Inventory control of chemicals and supplies assigned to designated area(s)
- Monitor, record and report missing equipment &/or supplies, repairs or damages to your supervisor daily
- Ensure that all chemicals and cleaners are labelled and safely stored in proper storage containers and areas. Understanding & awareness to refer to WHMIS training and site MSDS information provided
- Assisting with unloading/loading of weekly grocery truck deliveries
- Assisting with set up/tear down of camp, as required
- Any other duties as assigned by site supervisor
Apply via Indeed today, to be considered for our larger, open camps for the remainder of the Spring, and for our many upcoming Firecamps during the Forestry Season.
PLEASE QUOTE THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL WHEN APPLYING
Must be able to deploy from Edmonton, AB.
Job Type: Full-time
- Remote Camp Attendant: 1 year (Required)
- General Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid (Required)