Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Front Office Manager at Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel by APA, will lead and maintain Guest Services standards for the Front Office, also ensuring alignment with Coast Hotels’ long-term strategy. This position is integral to ensuring continued growth and development of the Front Office team and to maximize operational efficiencies, customer service, and profitability.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Taking the company into the future, defining its direction, establishing goals, adapting to external factors, seeking opportunities for growth and/or improvements, anticipating requirements, and managing change.
- Creates and implements a departmental plan and measurable objectives for the Front Office that supports the Company’s overall strategy, i.e., guest satisfaction scores, room occupancy and revenue optimization targets
- Communicates change initiatives and monitors implementation, clearly articulating the rationale for change and impacts on the Front Office, and operations, more generally
- Attends industry and/or professional events or conferences to maintain industry/professional knowledge and network with industry peers
- Putting in place the systems, structures, and disciplined practices required to manage results. This includes planning and prioritizing, providing clear direction, ensuring accountability, and monitoring the achievement of financial, quality, safety, and other key business measures.
- Forecasts and proactively addresses needs and situations, i.e., with the introduction of sales and marketing promotions, maximizing room occupancy and revenue
- Adheres to departmental budgets and prioritizes resource allocations appropriately and uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
- Focuses on short and long-term priorities, maintaining a big picture perspective
- Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses, supervises same day selling procedures to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
- Performs hourly job functions as needed
- Connecting with and engaging Ambassadors in their work and ensuring that Ambassadors feel recognized and valued. Creating a work environment based on Coast’s Values. Responsible for building a team with the right people in the right roles and managing performance.
- Provides formal and information recognition to acknowledge the demonstration of excellent performance and/or adherence to the Coast Values; creates opportunities for team celebrations
- Builds a strong team with the capabilities to deliver on the business plan through effective recruitment, communication and team practices; ensures the team’s ongoing development
- Identifies potential Leaders from the Front Office team; cultivates high potentials
- To lead service excellence in line with the Coast Values and brand, and to maintain a positive reputation through community contribution.
- Resolves guest service issues and identifies potential barriers to guest services; works with others to remove barriers to service excellence across Coast’s operation
- Effectively responding to and handles guest problems and complaints, interacts with guests to obtain feedback
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with ambassadors.
- Schedules the team against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Other projects as required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years of related work experience, plus 2 years of experience leading others
- Valid local driver’s license (class 5), and clear driver’s abstract
- Excellent communication (written, oral English and listening), and customer service skills
- Availability to work from Tuesday to Saturday, some evenings and nights to cover PM and night audit operations
- Ability to lead and motivate others, excellent interpersonal skills to support the building of strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Strong problem resolution skills and conflict resolution skills to resolve issues
- Experience forecasting and budgeting for a functional area within a property
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Advanced accounting and budgeting skills
- Intermediate level in the use of MS Office Suite
- Experience in discussing performance issues with team members and providing direct and honest feedback when discussing career advancement and leading performance expectations
- Aware of and understands how all areas of the business interact and how own area impacts and is impacted by other areas
- Understanding of legislation and regulations (i.e., WCB, employment standards, collective agreement) as they apply to own area
- Ability to speak/understand a second language an asset
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
No Place Like Coast!
Job Type: Full-time
- leading others: 2 years (Preferred)