Job Description – Afternoon Shift Supervisor
Working Title: Afternoon Supervisor
Join Our Team!
Keating Out-of-School Care is a licensed non-profit program committed to delivering top-quality childcare at Ecole Keating Elementary since 1993. We provide Before and After School Care as well as full-day Pro-D Day and Break Camps to children in Kindergarten to Grade 5.
We are looking for an afternoon shift supervisor to join our fun and dynamic team.
Rate of pay: starting at $17/ hour and increases up to $20/ hour
Acting role: the afternoon supervisor acts in the role during regular days during the school year Monday to Friday 2pm - 6pm and 1pm on early dismissal days, and may be scheduled for office shifts during break periods or manager absences as requested, if available outside regular hours; additional hours as a regular child care supervisor may also be available outside of regular position
Description of Position:
In addition to the outlined duties of Child Care Supervisor, the Afternoon Supervisor is expected to:
- be the initial point of contact for all parents entering the facility from the hours of 2:00 – 6:00.
- contact the appropriate room when children are signed out.
- supervise children entering/exiting the portable during outside play time.
- perform administration duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager, and work on larger projects as needed.
-be prepared, in case of emergency, to assume the role of Assistant Manager or Program Manager for an interim period.
- ensure all closing duties are performed by staff and that portables are secured for the night.
- run the 2:00 meetings on days in which the Assistant Manager and Program Manager are absent.
- report to the Assistant Manager each day for tasks and staff issues, and to the Program Manager for issues pertaining to children and families
- the afternoon supervisor may also act as a child care supervisor during shifts to maintain ratios, the goals of the child care supervisor are as follows:
Skills and Abilities:
Needed for Application:
Cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications
Two references: at least one of which can speak to your experience with children and one of which can speak to your experience in a supervising role
Copy of any documents proving qualifications: valid First Aid certificate with CPR-C; 20 hours of coursework relating to child development; other certificates relating to training
Applicants with resumes submitted to Indeed which meet the required qualifications will be contacted to supply the rest of the application documents needed.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour