Reports to: General Manager
CEVA Logistics makes business flow. As one of the world’s leading non-asset- based supply chain management companies, we design and implement industry-leading solutions in both freight management and contract logistics. Over 41,000 dedicated employees, working in 17 regional clusters around the globe, deliver operational excellence - to provide viable answers to the most challenging supply chain questions. CEVA applies its renowned operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated worldwide network, where our focus is equally on general business and the specialist needs of the automotive, consumer & retail, energy, healthcare, industrial & aerospace and technology sectors. As an Operations Supervisor, your responsibilities would include:
- Providing supervision to hourly employees in a sortation center
- Providing direction to meet customer goals and expectations, ensuring productivity levels are reached in an effective and efficient manner and maintaining quality performance objectives
- Overseeing the day to day operations of the warehouse
- Managing administrative activities, development/monitoring of KPI’s and implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Following and enforcing company policies/procedures and Quality/safety/HR related policies and procedures.
- Creating and implementing cost savings.
- Monitoring operational progress and customer/employee relations.
- Overseeing staffing, training and discipline.
- Overseeing safety and compliance issues, implementing and maintaining safety and compliance procedures.
- Ensuring daily reporting of operational/quality requirements are completed.
- Performing special projects as required by the Operations Manager.
Experience and Qualification
- Qualified candidates will have 3+ years’ supervisory experience in a transportation/operational/distribution environment
- Experience in a sortation center is a plus
- A College Diploma is required, with a plus in logistics or transportation
- Ability to provide leadership to a diverse group of employees
- Ability to train, motivate, coach and counsel others.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with customers and employees.
- Must possess problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making and planning/organizing skills.
- Excellent written/oral communication and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent time management and computer skills.
- Must be creative and possess the ability to think outside the box.
- Must be able to work afternoons; nights if required
- Travel: 0-2% locally and to the US; Must be legally able to work in Canada
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Fast paced package sortation environment
- Conveyor machinery noise
- Willing to work afternoon/night shift
- Constant standing and walking through the shift
- Lifting and carrying upto 50 lbs
- Some kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Some work on a computer on a desk
- Ascending and descending stairs, ladders and ramps
CEVA Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Department of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)