Job Title & Role: Senior Business Analyst (Acheson)
Job Type: Full Time
The Senior Business Analyst (Senior BA) works with the business owners to implement required business processes that can be supported by our business applications (i.e. eXtend ERP system), with the objective to optimize the total process end-to-end.
The Senior Business Analyst works closely with the ERP vendor resources to evaluate how to best meet the business needs using the eXtend ERP application and associated applications.
This role is involved in project planning and supervising Business Analysts within projects, and is expected to be a subject matter expert (SME) in their area of accountability.
The Senior Business Analyst will work under the direction of the Manager, Business Applications. As a team, the Senior BA’s will work closely with the Business Analyst, Supervisor, eXtend System, Application analyst, Manager, Business Applications, PMO, Service Desk support specialists, Release Manager, eXtend users and the Project teams to ensure that business policies and processes are supported by the business application (i.e. eXtend).
Where changes are required, the Business Analyst Group will initiate the change request process as per the methodology in place, and make recommendations to the business and the Manager, Business Applications.
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Participate in and lead workshops with users, general managers and project teams, in order, to identify, analyze, document business policy and process opportunities, including but not limited to:
b. Process flows
c. Standard operating procedures
2. Provide Level 3 Service Desk support, ensuring issues that require escalation are monitored and resolved. The Senior Business Analyst will also ensure the eXtend issue tracking system and the e-Care procedure are managed as per the prescribed process for escalated issues.
3. Provide support to project managers by:
Communicating how data is currently being used in eXtend
Explaining how the business actually operates on the front line
Document project proposals
Document business requirements
Identify recommended process changes and enhancements to meet business requirements
Provide regular updates to project managers and the business
4. Provide support to eXtend team by:
Coordinating with the Release Manager to determine delivery timing of objects and ensuring these objects are being delivered on time with expected outcomes
Assisting in testing and certification of new solutions being loaded to production
Support post solution load validation
Support business analyst in creating testing scripts
Ensure all solutions have been fully tested, within their area of expertise
5. Provide support to the change management team by:
Identifying areas requiring attention from the training group
Participating in development of user communications (including policy and process updates and technical solutions)
Providing quality assurance for the training material
Providing application training to the trainers, as required
6. Provide direction to users in terms of the capabilities of the business intelligence system
7. Provide direction to Business Analysts, and supervision within the scope of projects
8. Regular branch visits to review areas of concern and ensure the branches are following the recommended processes
9. Provide after-hours support as required.
This position is responsible for a wide range of activities that have an effect on all levels of internal and external clients and customers. This position requires a combination of technical expertise and a solid understanding of the organization and its complexity.
- Post secondary education in a related field and at least 10 years related experience
- Excellent discipline and time management skills to plan, manage and deliver results within a team and independently
- Thorough understanding of business processes, data structure, reporting and internal controls, typically gained through multiple years of industry experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills are required
- Ability to travel to where the work needs to be done and to work productively in a distributed team environment that includes other business analysts, support specialists, management and user communities.
- Customer-focused approach to resolving business process related systems issues with the business community (eXtend users)
- Ability to proactively identify and manage risk
- Drive to succeed in this development role and to grow with the SMS Equipment organization