Making smart business decisions takes more than accurate data and sound projections; it takes a bold and insightful analyst who is able to see what others miss.
If you’re looking for a place where your careful analysis will have value and impact, look no further.
Since 1962, Maritime Ontario (https://www.m-o.com/) has been providing exceptional transportation service all across Canada. Currently operating from Vancouver to Newfoundland, we have over 5000 customers who have come to trust Maritime Ontario; by providing innovative solutions that virtually eliminate loss and damage, we’ve become a leader in Canadian transport.
In order to continue in that mission, we’re looking to add a new member to our team: a smart, resourceful analyst who can transform data into diverse and optimized business strategies.
That’s where you come in;
In this brand-new role, you’ll oversee the process and tools we use to make key business decisions. Using a data-driven approach, you’ll ensure that our executive team has clear options that include risk and opportunity profiles.
Working with our BI platform will include equal parts management and optimization. While our current platforms and dashboards are adequate, an early focus of this role will involve modernizing our approach to data.
Most importantly, your work will help us see our business in new ways; by combining clear communication skills with insightful analysis, you’ll make unique and valuable contributions to the business in the short and long-term.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Management, organization and upkeep of current Crystal Reports repository
- Leading initiatives on data warehouse and ETL
- Ensuring data accuracy/relevance
- Data modelling/visualization
- Modernizing data output/dashboards
- Supporting development/implementation of standards, policies, procedures and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize service and efficiency
- Providing Technical Leadership and expertise for a self-service BI eco-system
- Engaging the executive team with business insights that identify revenue and growth opportunities
- Creating BI reporting packages, utilizing data infrastructure, localized databases and external data sources
- Management and maintenance of DOMO and BI Reporting
- Management and maintenance of Playbook
- Ability to learn quickly, promote a positive team environment, and exceed expectations with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively manage work under tight timelines and changing priorities
Working with Maritime Ontario;
This is a full-time, permanent position, with standard office hours between 8am and 5pm. In addition to a competitive starting salary, you’ll receive a benefits plan and three weeks’ vacation.
One thing that sets Maritime Ontario apart is our investment in employee learning and advancement. You’ll have opportunities to learn not only about transportation and the logistics industry, but many different facets of business analysis. If you put in the work, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to advance as well. We’re serious about taking our staff as far as they’re able to go.
Throughout the pandemic our team has proven its tenacity and resilience. Given the new demands being placed on transportation services, and our ownership of buildings and other key assets, we’ve been able to push through problems and succeed. Today, we are positioned better than ever in our marketplace.
- 5+ years in business intelligence management
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Excel and VBA
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouses, DOMO platform preferred
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present clear, data-driven options and recommendations
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with Trimble TruckMate
- Experience in the Transportation sector an asset
How to Apply;
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.