Summary of Responsibilities
Pembina’s Conventional Pipelines Business Unit is currently seeking a Lead, Operations person to join their
team. The position would be in the Fort St. John area. The Lead will be responsible for assisting the
Foreman with coordinating daily operational activities, reviewing procedures and supervising the field
operations staff and outside contractors. As the qualified applicant, you will:
- Have a positive attitude and commitment to safety.
- Review, understand and utilize Pembina’s safety and operational procedures/standards in performing
all facets of work within the Operations team duties.
- Assist Operations Foreman in providing supervision of Pembina Operations staff.
- Promote and support the use of PMM (Pembina Maintenance Management).
- Assist the Planner/Scheduler with organizing, prioritization, planning, scheduling of Operations work.
- Ensure work is completed as scheduled and work orders are completed properly.
- Complete periodic review of existing Operations tasks and ensure procedures are up to date.
- Assist in developing additional site-specific procedures and THA’s (Task Hazard Assessment) when
required to ensure work can be performed safely.
- Support Operations team development through completion of task observations to assess competency
and identify further training opportunities.
- Assist Foreman in completion of incident & near miss investigations.
- Identify opportunities for Operational efficiencies, potential process or facility improvements.
- Act as a liaison between Leadership team and Operations team.
- Organize Operational support and resources for project duties where required.
- Support Operations Foreman in the development of Operations team by identifying training
opportunities, helping team members set and meet team and personal goals.
- Responsible to cover all duties of the Operations Foreman when they are unavailable.
- Support and participate in Community Engagement activities.
- Other duties as requested.
- Demonstrate supervisory, leadership, staff development, and project management skills.
- Experience using SAP Maintenance Management highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of facility operations and ability to guide daily operations within the scope of
Pembina’s specific operating practices and applicable industry standards and regulations.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and management control skills.
- Demonstrate and encourage teamwork within all operational teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interface positively with the
local community and Pembina’s engineering, technical support, operations department and contract
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- A minimum of ten years operational experience required.
- On-call availability as per District needs.
No agency calls please.
Pembina is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation has been serving the transportation and midstream service needs of North America's energy industry for over 60 years. We process, terminal and transport our customers' products safely - all while protecting the environment and delivering on our commitments to our shareholders and community stakeholders. When we build something, we do it right.
Powering Pembina's growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high, and so are our rewards. We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total compensation package, our community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous fun social activities.
Pembina is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018 and 2019), Alberta's Top 75 Employers (2014-2019), and Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2019). We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.