- Experience with object-oriented design
- Minimum achievement of a B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Skilled in developing rich front-end applications with HTML, CSS, JS and can enable rapid-prototype development.
- Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
- Experienced with UI Test Automation frameworks.
Are you looking for a Front-End Engineer position with Amazon-scale impact?
Advertising at Amazon is growing incredibly fast by providing extremely efficient tools to drive sales for our vendors and sellers. Our advertisers need tools that help them get the most from their advertising dollar in the least time. We seek to provide a world class user experience to hundreds of thousands of advertisers globally, help them grow their businesses, and make their advertising campaigns more successful. We are responsible for defining, developing and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products and services that drive product discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses, driving long term growth. With a broad mandate to innovate and experiment, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join the team to pioneer and build innovative cross advertising products experience, global navigation with configurable features within the Amazon Advertising website to enhance the advertiser experience and productivity. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As an engineer, you’ll have a direct impact on your customers by making it easy and efficient for these suppliers to advertise their brands and products, increase sales and improve the Amazon shopper experience.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great. They will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve.
- Master’s/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience working with Cloud / Amazon Web Services (AWS) products
- Agile awesomeness
- Familiarity with the online advertising or e-commerce industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices including coding standards, code reviews, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, UX designers, and product management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and derive technical designs and product strategy.
- Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Ability to articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation