These new positions will be start ASAP and benefits start on day one of employment.
Allteck is looking for a qualified mechanic to work out of their Port Kells office. This position may require some travel as dictated by the needs of the business.
A Journeyperson Heavy Duty mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of gas, diesel vehicles, and heavy duty utility construction equipment. The Heavy Duty mechanic requires the ability to trouble shoot and repair major and minor mechanical and hydraulic problems in a controlled or adverse work environment.
- Servicing of fleet equipment and preventative
- Performing utility equipment repair and trouble
- Trouble shoot and repair of electrical and wiring, hydraulic systems and components, and engine computer diagnostics
- Referencing service manuals and
- Perform minor welding, steel fabrication and
- Respond to calls in field locations for minor
- Review daily pre and post trip inspection reports, completion of repairs and sign off of
- Perform government inspections as referred to in (Section 217 (2) of the Motor Vehicle Act).
- Identification and sourcing of parts that are required for
- Proficiency in using computers for work orders and data entry
- After hours availability necessary for emergent repairs
- EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanics Journeyman's Certification or Red Seal and Technical Qualification with Inter Provincial certification
- Class 1 preferred accompanied by a clean Driver's Abstract
- CUFC certification or Utility equipment experience considered an asset
- Valid Commercial Vehicle Inspectors' Certification
- Ability to weld and fabricate required as well as having own tools.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with utility vehicle equipment, repair and servicing
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics, trouble shoot and repair hydraulic and electrical problems
- Possess both diesel and gas engine diagnostic techniques
- Familiar with parts and service manuals
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willingness to upgrade skills
- Work in a team environment and communicate well with others
- Strong attention to detail and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to lift 501b/ and to climb in/ under units in the field
- Proficiency in using computers and Microsoft Office programs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46.14 /hour
- class 1 (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Required)