We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What are we looking for?
A unique Operations Insights Analyst who will help build reports, models and analyses to enable us to understand and predict trends across our Canadian clinical operations business as we scale. This is not your typical analyst role; dashboards, reports, models and other analytical products will be required to be delivered on tight operational timelines. You will develop a deep understanding of Babylon’s operations to help drive your analytical solutions, and you must also be able to communicate the value of your work to different disciplines in order to embed your solutions in day-to-day operations.
As part of the wider Global Operations Analytics Team (team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers based in the UK), you will be the first on-the-ground role in Canada, and will work intimately with the Canada Clinical Operations Team in order to help us build the first digital general practice that can support millions of patients.
What will you do
As the first on-the-ground team member for Global Ops Analytics in Canada, you will work closely with the wider analytics team to rollout analytical solutions for our clinical services, and will be the regional operations analytics expert for Canada. In particular, you will:
Rollout reporting and analytical infrastructure for our Canada clinical services
- Help build a gold-standard suite of reports and dashboards in Tableau that will be used to power decisions about clinical services and related products
- Develop strong understanding of Babylon’s Canada operations in order to define appropriate metrics/key success indicators, and to optimise our reporting structure
- Help to build clear and effective feedback loops to key areas of the Canada business to provide valuable operations insights
- Mentor regional power business users on the use of Tableau Explorer to support self service
Help to build and maintain supply and demand forecasting models for clinical services in Canada
- Work closely with the central forecasting team and regional Operations, Marketing, Commercial and other related teams to ensure that we are able to accurately predict patient demand and operational capacity for every hour of each day
- Run analyses and deep dives on patient demand and operational capacity/efficiency to inform modelling and stress test assumptions
Partner with the Global Ops Analytics Team on core operations projects (from origination to implementation) and create the required models and analysis to drive initiatives. Key focus areas are likely to include:
- Cost and revenue optimisation
- Expanding our available offerings and services
- Optimising our operational processes and programmes
- Redefining the healthcare experience for our members
- Deliver excellent experiences for patients, clinical professionals, and our partners in care
Help build the foundational data infrastructure and analytics platform to assist data-driven teams within operations and across the company
- Help rollout our new data platform in Canada and continually strive to ensure that it is optimised for end users
- Help drive a culture of strong analytics and data-driven thinking across the operations division
Who fits the role?
Business experience using SQL
Experience using Tableau to build reporting dashboards and analyse data
Experience building business planning, operational or financial forecasting models. This includes the management of stakeholder inputs and relationships required to build/maintain successful forecasting models
Strong statistical understanding
Maths, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Finance or related subjects
Strong stakeholder management skills with experience managing stakeholder relationships across various functions and levels of seniority
Experience managing end-to-end, cross-functional projects, with a strong track record of delivery
Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
Experience building models and dashboards to tight timelines and embedding these in operations to inform real-time business decisions
Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist do-what-it-takes mindset
You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
Strong work ethic