Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Manager, is responsible for the commercialization of the company’s products within the designated commercial sales territory and assigned account list. The incumbent will develop industrial sales in the industrial market (sectors such as food & bakery, automotive, tire, wood, pulp & paper, marble, etc.), previous industrial sales experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Territory Sales Manager has responsibility for the following components, including but not limited to:
- Developing and communicating annual sales, gross profit budget for geographic territory and assigned accounts, identifies commercial conveyor belt market, power transmission, and fluid power opportunities with the following: Distribution, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and direct account customers within local geographic territory, Key accounts and any designated global accounts (if applicable)
- Defining Market Opportunities and priorities based on:
Designated geographic market opportunities and potentials within primary assigned territory
- Synergies within company’s product portfolio representing Ammeraal Beltech’s, Megadyne’s, and Jason Industrial’s products, services, programs, and industry targeted projects and promotions
- Geographic coverage to include: British Columbia (provinces or territory coverage definition)
- Defines Strategic Customers per assigned territory. Establishes action plans to develop business within those Customers including:
Defining of Strategic Plan per account, including Customer targets, locations, key decision makers, Ammega’s value proposition, cost saving initiatives, etc.
Determining and coordinates sales activities within those Customers in conjunction with Operating Companies or directly as necessary if Distribution partnership is not available
Coordinating product sales to attain NSV budget and margin targets
- Working closely with all Ammega related Industry Segment Managers to coordinate and communicate information to share Industry Segment customer development initiatives
- Administer and maintain customer activity and continually records all related customer contact information, sales opportunity, and customer activity through Customer Account Management (CRM) system
- Assisting in developing and executing new sales strategy if plan is not being met.
- Preparing and determines sales opportunities, considering:
- Advising, analyzing, and assisting Operating Unit’s local operations (budgets, targets, business planning, promotions, etc.);
- Assisting Product Managers in development of PMCs for industry & industry development requirements;
- Supporting the Supply Chain management; to bring supply chain and inventory in line with the forecasted demand;
- Communicating with Operating Unit about market developments and product issues from a segment/customer point of view;
- Controlling and monitoring Accounts Receivable in conjunction with the National Sales Manager, including submittals, approvals, and follow up on product returns (RGA), collections, and administration of credits
- Conducting other special assignments, projects, and duties as assigned by National Sales Manager.
- Drives results
- Detail oriented
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to build relationships
- Influence, Negotiation and Impact
- Planning and organizing
- Communicates effectively
Key Behaviors and Tenets of 80/20
- Are accountable to others
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo
- Are honest with co-workers and customers
- Able to be innovative problem solvers
- Are engaged team members
- Add value to the Company
- Expects excellence of self and others
- Overserves top customers
- Understands, simplifies and acts to improve processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Full medical benefits with:
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial sales or Business Development is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word, Experience with CRM software;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Strategic planning and project execution
- Capable of managing a variety of stakeholder relationships
- Comfortable working in a changing international matrix organization
- Flexible in approach and prepared to work outside normal working hours if required
- Ability to work remotely, away from a corporate office
- This position requires 50%-75% travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work for any employer in Canada
- College Diploma / University Degree Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering is an asset
- Candidate must be physically based in British Columbia, preferably in Vancouver region
Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
Group Pension Plan with employer matching
Annual base salary fixed
Variable pay via commissions on sales as per company's commission plan
Expenses coverage for gas & car allowance
Company laptop & smartphone provided
AMMEGA is a global leader in product quality and service excellence for Lightweight Conveyor Belts, Power Transmission Belts, and Rubber Hose products. Our core mission is to fully enable the most dedicated, knowledgeable and creative team in the industry so that we remain the leading innovator in belting.
We cultivate internal talents, tradition of fabrication, and technical expertise to excel in management performance and operational efficiency in order to deliver enduring value to our customers.
Explore our websites to get more information about our company & brands:
Ammega. We make your business move.
Ammega is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors. We foster an inclusive and accessible environment and are committed to providing support to applicants and employees with disabilities.