edjuster is a property claims market leader operating in the content claims services area. Since its inception in June of 2000, edjuster has established a dispute-free track record unmatched by any other. Through the use of service and software, edjuster offers Insurers solutions customized to meet their specific claims handling needs, and with it the ability to offer their policyholders the assurance of Performance Excellence Guaranteed claims settlements.
The role of the Supervisor, Field Claims is to ensure the timely completion of all claims while maintaining quality and company standards and guidelines. The Supervisor collaborates with various departments, internal and external clients, and provides regular guidance and support to field employees in the day-to-day operations. The Supervisor will be primarily responsible for field claims in Western Canada.
As part of this role, responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direction and oversight of the quality and completion of all claims within a defined regional area (or team), including; site visits, inventory/data collection, item research/pricing, claims reporting and review, policyholder/adjuster communication, in accordance with specific instructions, productivity standards according to edjuster established PEG (Performance Excellence Guaranteed), and internal standards and customer service level agreements;
- Personally involved in mentoring and guiding Field employees in the handling of complex claims (hoarder, commercial, fatalities, high end, etc.).This would include site visits, inventory and pricing, policyholder/adjuster communication and reporting;
- In conjunction with the Training Manager, identify training needs and provide ongoing training and support to all new and existing field employees;
- Supervise overall field employee performance, including QA reviews and PEG Closing File Reviews, as well as quarterly reporting to Manager;
- Assist Manager in the performance review of employees during the annual review process.
- Provide feedback on performance
- Assist in setting SMART goals and quarterly follow-up of milestones
- Ensure timely invoicing of claims within edjuster standards related to performance, fee % of RC, adjuster set expectations through updates, etc…with support from Manager;
- Review current and future workloads and make recommendations to the Manager for the appropriate staffing levels to meet service standards, both increasing and decreasing;
- Provide input on changes and development of exclaim and testing;
- Provide catastrophe claim leadership when catastrophes occur in the region;
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed in the field.
- College/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of insurance claims experience – property and field
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office/Outlook, etc.)
- Employee must provide their own high speed internet service (a portion will be reimbursed)
- Company equipment including laptop/smartphone will be provided. It is the employee’s responsibility to care and maintain the equipment, as per company policy
- Ability/Availability to travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- CIP/FCIP or equivalent
- Adjusting license/Adjusting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, develop and manage employees.
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation
- Results-driven, with a sense of urgency to deliver under pressure and on time
- Foster integrity and honesty
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefits Plan
- Life Insurance and LTD
- Continuing education available
- KM reimbursement when personal vehicle used
- Work from home
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
edjuster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- insurance claims: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- CIP or Adjusting (Preferred)