Competition Number: AS HC 129/20 REPOST (Please state this number when applying)
Position Title: Home Care Attendant
Position Code: HCATASH_15
Facility/ Site/ Location: Ashern Community Health Office
FTE: 0.60 Indefinite (subject to a minimum notice of 24 hours)
Hours of Work: See schedule on Careers section of website www.ierha.ca
Union: MGEU Community Support
Wage/ Salary: As per applicable collective agreement
Under the direction of the Home Care Resource Coordinator, the Home Care Attendant functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team. The Home Care Attendant provides personal and supportive care following the care plan, policies and program standards meeting identified needs to enable the clients to remain independent and safe in their homes for as long as possible. In collaboration with other heath team members, the Home Care Attendant promotes integrated holistic health care services that are responsive to the needs of the residents of the Interlake-Eastern region. The position of Home Care Attendant functions in a manner consistent with, and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
- Certificate in Health Care Aide Course from an accredited college.
- Other combinations of education/experience may be considered at a commensurate classification/salary.
- Previous experience working with elderly or infirm is preferred
- Ability to provide safe, effective, personal care in a manner that considers each individual’s need for comfort, privacy, and respect
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and coworkers; both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a health care team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Access to an answering machine and /or call display.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check
- Satisfactory employment record.
Job Type: Temporary
- Manitoba Driver's license (Required)
- Health Care Aide (Required)