As an early member of our team, you'll have a direct impact on the success of Zero by working on our web applications and projects. Working in a fast-moving technology company means your job will be as exciting as it is fulfilling by having a say in key decisions, and taking specs from initial planning to development.
- Being passionate about building the best financial services out there.
- Working with stakeholders inside and outside of Zero to define problems and codify requirements.
- Design and implement software, in constant collaboration with the rest of Zero's engineering team.
- Build systems that perform, scale, can't be compromised, and manage themselves using DevOps.
- Building shockingly beautiful web interfaces with pixel-perfection that are responsive across all device types
- Understanding requirements from customers and developing high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
- 2+ years of experience in developing consumer web applications
- Solid engineering capability with an eye towards performance, responsiveness, attention to detail, and "feel"
- Familiarity with modern web build pipelines (Babel, Webpack), SPAs and server-side rendering
- Experience working with at least one server-side language (Python, Java, Ruby, PHP)
- Fluent in extreme programming practices and agile development, ruthless in testing, and eager to deliver as early and often as possible
- Familiarity with the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
- A track record of successful, substantial projects.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Technical experience related to credit cards, banking or other areas of FinTech.
- Experience with server side Python
- Extensive experience with testing and automation (Eslint, Jest, Puppeteer, Gitlab CI)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ZERO
- Zero is a financial services company that provides an elegant, mobile-first, modern banking experience. We combine the simplicity of a debit card with the rewards and benefits of a credit card.
- We're looking for someone who shares our love of craftsmanship and our passion for improving banking for everyone.
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums
- We'll provide whatever equipment you need to succeed
- Lunch and breakfast expenses paid
- Standing desks for everyone
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, and breakfast sandwiches