Data Architect - 210000NK
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. Data Architects contribute to our team by visualizing and designing PCL's enterprise data management framework.
This position is located at our district office in Edmonton, AB. Remote work is not available.
As a Data Architect for PCL Industrial Management Inc. you will contribute to our team by:
- Identifying and documenting data elements required to fulfill product business requirements.
- Ensuring that business concepts are modeled correctly.
- Designing an efficient data structure which follows the data architecture standards and guidelines, minimizes data redundancy, and maximizes efficiency while meeting the business requirements.
- Identifying all data elements clearly and consistently so they may be easily reported on and consumed by data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
- Identifying potential data related issues or concerns related to the business requirements or solution architecture.
- Creating and maintaining logical and physical data models that focus on data integrity and quality.
- Performing or participating in translation of logical models to physical models.
- Participating in product requirement and design workshops as required.
- Maintaining the project data dictionary to foster a common understanding of the data.
- Submitting updates to the corporate data architect so they may be included in the corporate data dictionary.
- Ensuring the data architecture is structured and documented such that the information may be understood and consumed by other systems and business areas.
- Working with the database analyst (DBA) to plan and implement the project's databases.
- Working with all practice areas to streamline work activities and achieve best solutions.
- WEB development as needed.
What you will bring to the role:
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in computer technology or a related discipline.
- Experience computer system development.
- Business analysis experience.
- Data modeling and data design experience.
- Familiarity with the databases of enterprise level.
- Ability to manage multiple products and solutions simultaneously.
- Familiarity with MDM, DQM, Data Marts, Data Warehousing, and Data integration competencies.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/area of the organization.
- Excellent team player.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary, hourly, and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective November 1, 2021. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds. Learn more about PCL’s COVID-19 response to keeping our workplaces safe.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
: Regular Full-time
: Experienced Professional
Company : PCL Industrial Management Inc.
: Oct 29, 2021, 3:27:19 PM
: Solution Architect