Job Description: Shop Foreman
Summary: VibraSystems Inc. is a manufacturer of vibration isolation products and is currently expanding its operation. Shop Foreman will join VSI to take full responsibility for production, assembly, shipping/receiving activities in a plant and warehouse; for overseeing employees and ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and on time. Shop Foreman will be a strong leader, with specific knowledge of the manufacturing, fabricating and machine shop industry, and committed to support and maintain all proper shop health and safety policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plan and monitor all shop activities, including all aspects of employee supervision. Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Track requirements and order supplies required for uninterrupted shop operations
- Process customers’ and clients’ work orders. Enter customer and job information into computer database
Assist with maintenance of QA and work records and files.
- Review completed work to ensure it complies with quality standards.
Job type: Full time
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Possess detailed knowledge of machine shop industry.
- Work well with a team.
- Exhibit strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possess solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrate awareness of all health and safety protocols.
- Able to remain calm and clear-headed in an emergency.
- Able to multi-task effectively.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to create shipping documents
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Capable of translating industry terminology into common terms for explanatory purposes.
Education and Experience
- Technical diploma is required.
- Managerial or supervisory experience required.
Work Environment - Standard 40-hour workweek
Job Type: Full-time
- Shop Foreman: 10 years (Preferred)