POSTING: HCOS - 13 Month Maternity Leave SE Administrative Assistant
Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully-accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online and face-to-face options.
HCOS has a 13-month Maternity Leave Position opening for a Special Education Administrative Assistant (at 40 hours per week), to commence January 2020. The primary role of this position is to provide support to the Special Education Division of HCOS.
As SE Administrative Assistant, you will report to the SE Office Manager and your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing and preparing documentation for enrollments, deactivations, and student file transfers
- Assisting with the category application checklist process, tracking and updating designations
- Co-ordinating Learning Service (LS) Referrals and Designation transfers
- Creating and managing the forms process (dispatching, receiving and following up through to completion)
- Reporting and data management
- Subscription Management
- Assisting with criminal record check clearances, resource tracking and transfers
- Providing support as needed with payroll, audits, accounts payables and receivables (invoices, statements, journal transfers, deposits, purchases)
- Preparing letters and updating manuals
- Any other related duties as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or equivalent is an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in an office environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be computer literate; proficient in database management, excel spreadsheets, Google Suite, Microsoft outlook
- Effective critical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Must be detail oriented and accurate in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health and Benefits
- Health Spending Account
- Employee and Family Support Program
- RRSP Match program
If you feel that you have met the above criteria, we invite candidates to apply online with a cover letter, explaining your suitability and an up-to-date resume (inclusive of 3 references) to HCOS Online Application – SE Administrative Assistant (Mach forms) or by copying and pasting the following link into your browser https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=315697
Applications will be closed on Friday November 29, 2019.
We thank all applicants for making a submission for the position. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary
- Office Administration: 5 years (Preferred)