Apple Cleaning Supplies Ltd. - Calgary, AB
Apple Cleaning Supplies Ltd is a local, family-owned company since 1964 that has grown from a supplier of small building contractors into a major national distributor that inventories over 10,000 different items. Clients across Canada are driven to us because of our competitive prices, our product knowledge and our dedication to a new standard of service excellence.
The purchaser will purchase tools, supplies, equipment, and/or parts from various vendors and suppliers. The purchasers will work independently in a highly collaborative environment that requires frequent communication with other departments and will, report to upper-level management executives, and will communicate with warehouse, Showroom and office staff within the company to effectively complete their usual job tasks.
Key Components of the Role Include:
- Purchase items from vendors and suppliers, including special orders for clients, and fill out all necessary purchase orders.
- Shopping for the best available deals on needed items by looking up prices from multiple vendors and suppliers to find the highest-quality items for the lowest price.
- Process purchase orders, updating digital files as needed to record purchases made, when money has been received, and all other relevant information.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels, ordering new items as needed to keep the inventory fully stocked and supplied.
- Ensure that purchased orders are delivered by coordinating with warehouse and transport staff.
- Ensure that purchased orders are received exactly as ordered, including checking for damaged items
- Negotiate new contracts with existing and new vendors and suppliers.
- Establish working relationships with new vendors and maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
Skills, Education, and Experience
- Leadership – to work closely with warehouse staff and other staff members within the company, ensuring they are managing purchases properly on their end of the supply chain
- Communication – purchasers work in a collaborative environment that requires coordination with other departments and negotiation with vendors
- Computer skills – to keep digital files updated and manage purchase orders
- Multi-tasking – to manage multiple duties and responsibilities at once
- Organization – to maintain purchase order paperwork and digital files, monitor inventory systems, and ensure deliveries
- Detail-oriented – to find the best rates for purchased items and maintain inventory levels
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a purchasing role is preferred.
- Experience working within an industrial, chemical, janitorial & equipment environment is an asset.
- Determination, positive attitude, and ability to self-motivate
- Post- Secondary Education preferred
Salary, Benefits, Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Health Spending Account
- Great office environment, with your space
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- Staff lunches, and events such as BBQ, Stampede
- Kitchen space
WHY WORK FOR US?
If you are really good at what you do, hundreds of companies are competing with each other to entice you to go work for them. So why choose us, what makes us special?
- We spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that we are a good fit for the people we hire and vice versa. As a result Respect - Trust – Care
- WE detest micromanagement. You are a manager within your role.
- The odds are high that you will make a best friend at work.
- We believe that it makes good business sense to give every team member the best tools, mentoring program, to “get into the zone” to get the job done perspective.
- You will work on multitude of different customers, and acquire a ton of experience from leadership teams, managers, and supervisors.
- “Open, honest & direct” is our principle for communicating with our customer, vendors and each other.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)