CFS Prevention Coordinator
MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill the position of CFS Prevention Coordinator. The successful candidate will work as part of the MLTC CFS Team in ensuring effective prevention services are implemented and provided to children and their families of the nine (9) MLFN communities. This individual will be sensitive, compassionate and professional in all areas relating to the CFS Program needs, issues and concerns and will apply a holistic approach to individual, family, and community healing and development.
- Work with local service providers and designated programs (Health Coordinators/CFS Prevention Workers/Elders) to identify and develop community based training needs for each MLFN and support to achieve the prevention goals.
- Will assist and provide support to the MLFN Prevention Workers/Health Coordinators in completing reporting requirements.
- Will gather prevention program training materials and develop a CFS Prevention resource library.
- Will maintain accurate program data and collect prevention statistical information.
- Will coordinate training sessions with other MLTC programs.
- To supervise and guide activities of the CFS Prevention Support Worker.
- The applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Indian Social Work/Social Work; a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree majoring in Native Science and/or a combination of training and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Must possess three (3) to four (4) years of experience working with children, families, communities.
- Be knowledgeable in child/community development and be able to formulate/document family assessments, case plans, program plans, etc.
- Be knowledgeable in the dynamics of child abuse/neglect, family violence, addictions, poverty, and oppression.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (i.e. AIS Database; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- They must be willing to work flexible hours with extensive travel involved.
- The ability to speak and understand Cree and/or Dene is a definite asset.
- Demonstrating a high level of professionalism, integrity, and personal wellness.
- Working with minimal supervision and prioritizing multiple demands.
- Demonstrating initiative and adaptability.
All interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of intent, resume detailing qualifications and experience, copies of credentials, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact MaryAnn Gagnon, Prevention Manager @ (306) 236-8240, or visit the MLTC Website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, October 11, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent