Host/Hostess is responsible for providing superb customer service in a timely and professional fashion to all guests and patrons. Manages patrons on waiting lists and line ups for overall customer satisfaction and optimization of business influx. Escorts patrons to tables, organize server sections, take reservations for large groups, answers room service calls and cleans tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes positive customer relations by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to all patrons and guests
- Seats guests at the appropriate tables based on seating chart
- Presents menu, features & specials and answers questions
- Ensures dining and serving areas including menus are set up and clean
- Plans large groups or parties or reservations
- Prepares seating charts
- Assists and co-ordinates activities of servers ensuring work load is equal
- Follow up with all guests to ensure quality satisfaction
- Adheres to organization's policies and procedures, in addition to MB liquor laws
Qualifications and Requirements
Prior serving experience in a licensed establishment or other food & beverage experience is preferable. Customer service experience working with the public in a diverse environment would be beneficial. Food Handlers certificate, POS usage, and cash handling experience is necessary for the role. Strong interpersonal skills with flexibility to deal with stressful and busy business peaks that focus on repeat and continued business while keeping teamwork in mind. Must possess or be willing to obtain the responsible alcohol service certification in accordance with MLCC.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain approval from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).