Over the last 6 years, Allevio has grown to be among North America’s largest and most respected names in pain management. Allevio improves the way the world manages pain through trust, kindness, and value-based healthcare. We design and manage products and services that are easy to work with and are a win-win for everyone involved. We bridge knowledge and practice gaps between other physician specialties, the law and medicine. We learn from what we practice, and we focus on sharing our insights with our community.
With everything we do, Allevio believes the system improves when patients are treated as if they are family, when the team is treated as collaborative equals, and when there are positive examples from which the industry can learn. What we do today is help people, what we will do tomorrow is apply our learning to fight opioid abuse, bring dignity to a debilitating condition, and share our positivity with a whole and open heart. We’re just getting started and having a ton of fun doing it! Do you have what it takes to join us in designing and providing services that will meaningfully improve the lives of people?
Reporting to the Assistant Clinic Manager, the Clinical Assistant performs a variety of routine duties to assist medical and nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients. The Clinical Assistant ensures quality care is delivered and works in collaboration within the practice to enhance the patient experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain vital signs and patient information for inclusion in the patient's medical record.
- Under the direction or delegation of an attending physician, assist with injections or treatments; perform routine laboratory tests, and assist in other patient care activities such as dressing changes, IVs and procedures.
- Prepare treatment room for examination of patient.
- Prepare procedure room for patient procedures.
- Prepare infusion chair for lidocaine infusions.
- Assist with physical examinations by preparing supplies and handing instruments/materials to the doctor as directed.
- Provide patients with basic instructions and information regarding treatment.
- When certified, clean and sterilize medical instruments; observe the principles of aseptic technique in performing duties.
- Schedule patients for tests and complete required forms for lab work.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records/documentation.
- Maintain and inventories supplies.
- Operate fluoroscopy machine during procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a medical environment and related training.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification is required; ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of sterile and aseptic techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Excellent communication skills required to speak and write fluently in English ensuring clear and accurate understanding of instructions, information and delivery of care is provided.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and clinic staff.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Adaptable and responsive to change with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Part-time position with a minimum of 15.0 hours per week OR Full-time with 37.5 hours per week
- Shift work including days, evenings and weekends.
- Clinic hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Working with patients and medical staff in a clinical environment.
- Frequent standing, walking and bending.
- Frequent assistance of patients including but not limited to supporting their mobility.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Allevio is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- sterile / aseptic techniques: 3 years (Preferred)
- clinical assistant or physician assistant: 5 years (Required)
- Phlebotomy (administering an IV): 5 years (Required)
- BLS (Basic Life Support) (Required)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) (Preferred)