Our facility is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Facility and Recreation Manager to join our team.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible in this position for directing the overall programming and operations of the community recreation facilities and services. You will ensure the facilities and programming are designed to meet the needs and interests of the community as well as developing and administering operating and capital budgets.
You will act as a point of contact resource relative to community recreation, services, and facilities. The position entails considerable liaison with user groups, community organizations and the general public. The successful candidate will use considerable independent judgment, action, and initiative in supervising the facilities and administering comprehensive programming.
- Lead a team in the day to day operations of GPCC.
- Working with the Treasurer, prepare an annual operating and capital budget (by program and in total) for GPCC
- Create a capital needs process and work with the Board of Directors to prioritize capital projects, develop budgets and manage projects to completion.
- Working with the Board of Directors, aid in the creation of a 5 year strategic plan
- Prepare, organize and attend Board meetings regularly; attend and represent GPCC at all external stakeholder meetings
- Work with external resources to manage the budgets and financials for the facility.
- Work with the City of Winnipeg to comply with the reporting requirements necessary to receive the annual operating funds.
- Evaluate the demand and ability for proper execution of existing and potential program offerings within the community
- Evaluate equipment for purchase and assist in the development of specifications; order materials and supplies; approve orders of materials and supplies by other staff associated with program area.
- Develop a schedule and follow through on wage subsidies, government funding and other opportunities.
- Conduct staff meetings with assigned staff; inspect work of assigned staff; conducts employee performance evaluations as required; recommend employee actions, including performance improvements, discipline and salary adjustments; manages and approves time sheets, including overtime.
- Maintain safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well-being of the staff and the protection of the recreation area assets. Adheres to all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Your education will include post-secondary education with in Recreation, or a combination of education and relative experience.
- A minimum of 3 years related experience including sound supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of community needs and interests serviced by the facilities; principles, practices and objectives of community recreation and cultural programs; rules, regulations and policies; including health and safety.
- You will also have thorough knowledge of the methods, procedures and practices used in the management and operation of various types of recreation facilities including arenas,
The ability to plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate directly or through others, the work of a group of subordinates engaged in operational and program activities.
Make an impact
You will be directly contributing to the growth and success of your community as they make use of our programs and facilities! You'll help people engage in the development and use of facilities to promote the experience at the facility.
An exciting challenge
Our unique facility is in the heart of the community with potential for development. If you're driven, enthusiastic and proactive, there's always a new challenge to focus your energy on. You'll use your proven ways of working, but add your own talents to make the difficult look easy and find new ways to delight the community.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent