Arbor Trace Alzheimer's Special Care Center, managed byr Cogir real Estate, is a memory care provider in London, ON.
The Personal Support Worker reports to the Charge Nurse and Health Services Director. The PSW shall provide nursing care to all residents when necessary.
We are looking for new members to join our team!
Here’s what we have to offer :
- Great and fun team;
- Beautiful Center; Staff room;
- Fun Scrubs Friday!
- Ugly sweater party for christmas : )
- Lot's of activites!
Here's the shifts we have to offer:
- PT Nights 11pm-7am (6 shifts biweekly approx 48hrs)
- PT Days 7am-3pm (2 shifts biweekly approx 15hrs)
- PT Evenings 3pm-11pm(2 shifts biweekly approx 15hrs)
- PT Evenings Short Shift 430-9pm (7 shifts biweekly, approx 31.5hrs)
As a Personal Support Worker with Arbor Trace, here’s a glimpse of your day with us :
- Assist residents with Activities of daily living ( bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, transferring, and mobility);
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity;
- Responds to all resident needs and requests for care promptly;
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioural conditions, and reports promptly to Charge nurse;
- Completes all forms and documentation and reports in a timely manner;
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with activities as needed;
- Tidies residents rooms and common area daily, and as needed;
- Changes resident’s bed linens and towels according to facility schedule and as needed;
- Assists with resident laundry per shift guidelines;
- Assists with dusting, vacuuming, and other housekeeping duties as assigned;
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions;
- And much more!
- Must have a valid PSW Certificate;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in a residential or long term setting (asset);
- Positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility;
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations;
- Courteous, helpful and friendly.
Job Type: Part-time