North Island College is seeking qualified applicants to fill sessional instructional assignments in our Professional Photography Certificate program for the 2020 winter term:
FIN 739 Video & Multi Media (Monday 9-12)
- Creates a Positive Climate and Culture;
- Effective Communication Skills;
- Effectively Develops Goals & Objectives;
- Focuses Effectively on Key Results and Priorities;
- Demonstrates a Focus on Continuous Improvement;
- Interpersonal Effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan and prepare learning materials for instructional environments;
- To use a variety of approaches and materials, as appropriate, in order to address different
- To teach in assigned subject areas and to include in courses, and in course outlines, all required subject matter or skill activity;
- To direct student learning in a positive, supportive, and caring environment;
- To be available to students regularly during scheduled office hours and classroom hours, to discuss their progress and other issues that influence their learning. (See Policy #3-03: Faculty Absence from Class - Cancellation of Classes);
- To clearly communicate in writing learning outcomes for programs and courses, and the way in which learners will be evaluated against those outcomes;
- To design and conduct evaluations or appraisals of students and to keep students informed of their progress;
- To submit grades in a timely manner, in accordance with Policy 4-15, Reporting Final Grades;
- To maintain records of student enrolment and achievement and other records required by the College and affiliated agencies. At the end of employment with the College, to submit marks and student records to the department Chair.
2.0 TYPICAL PROFESSIONAL DUTIES OF INSTRUCTIONAL FACULTY
- To be aware of, and to work within, College educational policies;
- To be aware of the Education and Strategic plans and to contribute to their development and assist in the achievement of its goals and objectives;
- To advise the Program Coordinator, within a reasonable time frame, of items that need to be ordered so that inventories of books, supplies, and equipment are adequate for the courses taught;
- To advise the Department Chair responsible, and the appropriate Administrator and/or Campus Health and Safety Committee, of any health and safety concerns and to assist, where possible, in rectifying the problem;
- To demonstrate knowledge of computer applications appropriate to the teaching environment;
- To maintain continuous professional development of competencies and qualifications as required in the appropriate discipline.
Required Education & Experience
- B.F.A. in Photography and/or established professional photographic practice;
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated competencies related to the specific course curriculum;
- Career experience in the commercial photography industry;
- In depth knowledge of current photography industry trends;
- Demonstrated excellent instructional abilities, using creative and motivational approaches to stimulate learning, including the use of online instructional technologies and tools;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.