We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
One of our divisions - Eurestis currently hiring for Cook for one of our Business clients in Mississauga, ON.
Eurest Dining Servicesbrings exceptional food services to the best of business and industry. From entertaining the CEO in the executive dining room to grabbing lunch with co-workers at the employee dining centre, excellent service is always provided.
Why work with us!
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards Program.
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
- Hourly Wage: $15-$16( Depending on Experience)
- Type: Full Time
- Shift / Hours: 35 Hours, Monday to Friday, 6 am to 2.30 pm
- Location: Tech Data, 6911 Credit view RD, Mississauga, ON.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serve meals or prepare for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Use established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store or discard excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Production cooking experience
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
APPLY NOW and OPENthe door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- production cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)