At Capital Region Housing, HOME is our focus. We are the largest provider of social and near market housing in the Edmonton area, managing over 4500 social housing rental units and over 600 near market housing rental units. We offer both townhouses and apartments throughout the city. We welcome the opportunity to provide our families and individuals with a safe and secure place to call home.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Asset Management to join our team. This position is a key leader within the Capital Development & Asset Management department that leads a team of Field Supervisors, Maintenance staff and contracted Site Managers to provide effective residential maintenance management services for both capital and demand maintenance within defined Edmonton zones.
Key Responsibility 1: Maintenance Services & Project Management
- Responsible for managing after hours and emergency maintenance process and receiving after hours calls that are escalated from the field supervisor level.
- Manage and coordinate the property maintenance responsibility for insurance claims process and requirements.
- Review/Audit work orders, requisitions, service requests, inspections and other forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Capital Development team on ongoing Capital Projects; providing maintenance perspectives and needs to new capital projects during design stage.
- Work with the Procurement Department to administer the tendering procurement process; attend pre-bid and start-up meetings, assist with creation of Specs and scopes of work, provide contract value estimates, review tender documents
- Conduct the contract management responsibilities for projects including chairing and attending meetings, following up on building permits, projects coordination, reviewing shop drawings and design drawings, monitor progress and schedule, updating project costs, monitor and update budgets, manage changes, undertaking site inspections, promote health and safety in projects and approving payments.
- Ensure the effective resolution of maintenance complaints and non-compliance issues.
- Manage all CRH’s maintenance service contracts and Site Manager contracts for all CRH properties, making recommendations and facilitating resolutions as required.
- Attend sites and perform quality control inspections and assessments.
Key Responsibility 2: Financial Management and Reporting
- Provide support and information to the Director of Asset Management and Capital Development to set and monitor zones budgets.
- Monitor department statistics, including tenant charge backs, vendor chargebacks and contractual charging errors.
- Review all invoicing charged to demand maintenance; auditing for accuracy.
- Report on grants spending, summaries and final statement.
Key Responsibility 3: Community Relations
- Liaise with government organizations on matters related to maintenance services.
- Engage with community agencies to develop ongoing and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Attend Community Engagement info sessions, talk with residents and provide general maintenance information.
Qualifications – Minimum, Preferred, Required (Education, Certification, Degree, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities):
- Relevant post-secondary diploma, CPM or CertCIH designation with a minimum 8 years’ management and related experience.
- Minimum 3 years in a property management role.
- Experience with Capital Projects and New Developments is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Housing Act and regulations.
- knowledge of the Alberta Building Code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Have the tools and techniques necessary to deliver projects on time and within budget to the required standard.
- Knowledge of the building maintenance services in residential settings.
- Knowledge of construction project management principles and procedures.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of full cycle property management
- Knowledge of residents in the vulnerable sector and soft skills in addressing difficult and sensitive situations.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Ability to interpret and facilitate service contracts.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Exhibit strong personal values, integrity and hands-on work habits
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of business programs
- Personal vehicle required for work use; Proof of valid driver’s license and drivers abstract required
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 3 years (Required)
- Management: 8 years (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Certified Project Manager (Preferred)