Interested in joining a private family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Role purpose: Responsible for the delivery/transportation of by-products, waste, and recycling as needed.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Performs daily monitoring of compactors and bins to ensure safe levels are not exceeded.
- Coordinates, and communicates consumable pickups daily, as required. Communicates with By-Products Manager to ensure inventory levels are met.
- Supports By-Products Manager by loading outside tankers
- Performs detailed daily trip inspections as outlined in the departmental SOPs.
- Performs tractor housekeeping, ensuring the internal and external cleanliness and tidiness of tractors.
- Reports any maintenance required to trucks, tractors, bins, etc. to the By-Product Manager.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with tractor wet lines (hydraulics), Dump Trailers and roll-offs;
- Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
- Working knowledge
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Must have a Class A license
WORKING CONDITIONS: Plant Based
- Outside conditions (weather) and farm environment (strong smells, animal feces, muck, etc.)
- Some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
HOW TO APPLY:
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- AZ driving: 1 year (Required)