The Providence campus is on 100 acres in southern Manitoba, 30 minutes south of Winnipeg (the Province’s capital city) near numerous towns that offer opportunities for involvement in church and youth ministry.
The vision of Providence is to be identified among Canada's foremost Christian universities as a learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge, and faith, to serve Christ in a changing world. A Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition, Providence teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Vice President External Relations, the Director of Marketing leads the marketing and communications department, responsible for the planning, coordination, integration, operation and management of the strategic marketing and communication plan for Providence, effectively communicating institutional mission ensuring overall continuity of institutional brand consistency and image.
The Director of Marketing works closely with the Vice President External Relations on budget allocation, branding, and strategic vision for Providence marketing efforts.
Creating the annual marketing
Facilitate add planning and execution
Create the annual budget
Allocate finances to specific needs
_Manage and direct specific department tasks
- To be in good standing with a local church;
- An enthusiastic personal faith commitment;
- A commitment to Christian higher education and to Christian ministry;
- Affirm the Covenant of Faith of Providence University College and Seminary as outlined in the Staff Handbook;
- Able and willing to uphold the Covenant of Community Life and model conduct accordingly.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications and Management;
- Minimum 1-2 years marketing experience in post-secondary institution preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing;
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team;
- Proficient in MS Office 365;
- Working knowledge of various computer software products;
- Design, Marketing and advertising experience;
- Content writing experience;
- Innovative thinker/Visionary: Ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and administration initiatives;
- Relationship: Proven strengths in relationship management;
- Strong Administrator: Ability to manage a budget and consider the relative costs;
- Solution minded: Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Leadership: A willingness to lead, model behaviour, demonstrate, and offer direction;
- Communication: Excellent skills both oral and written and interpersonal communication;
- This is a full time position with a 37.5 hour per week work schedule. Normal business hours are 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, MondayFriday. (2 - 15 minute coffee breaks; 45 minutes for lunch)
- Providence is a faith-based institution and all staff are required to agree to a code of conduct. Our Staff Handbook outlines all institutional expectations, responsibilities, and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,200.00 to $53,000.00 /year
- marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Otterburne, MB (Preferred)