Reporting to the Director of Care, is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support, customer service at reception, application processing activities, document and file management, and data entry and statistical tasks to support Unit and Branch objectives; responsible for generating and compiling reports and correspondence as assigned; providing services supporting the provision of information to internal customers, external clients and members of the public, as required.
- Answers, screens, directs or takes messages of telephone calls from internal and external callers.
- Greets and assists visitors when at front counter.
- Creates, organizes, maintains and tracks hard copy and electronic files and records in accordance with Regional standards and systems including a bring-forward system.
- Prepares files and boxing for off site storage in accordance with Regional standards.
- Receives and enters data; compiles, updates, maintains and provides data, statistics and reports; converts and presents data in an acceptable format; processes documents (e.g. forms, invoices etc) and forwards to appropriate person, as required.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate, from Departments, general public etc. or refers to appropriate personnel as required; provides direction and information about services.
- Processes applications and related documents pertaining to applications, as assigned; assists customers with applications and contacts them for missing information/documents; contacts applicants when ready and forwards appropriate documents; maintains tracking system relating to applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years clerical/administrative experience in an automated office environment including reception experience.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by September 20, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.