After 11 years, our lovely receptionist, Renee, has moved away from our fair city, and now we need to find someone that can fill her shoes. Courtyard Law Offices is a boutique Family Law firm that prides itself on a more neighbourly approach to the practice of law, while cultivating a feeling of “close family” amongst our very own co-workers. We actually refer to ourselves as a
“family”, and Renee is staying on as long as she can with quite the commute to help us find that right person–someone who is friendly and professional with a good sense of humour.
We offer an employee-focused work environment that can be dynamic as we work together as a team to get the right results for our clients. With that type of mind-set, we hope that if you are interested in such a cause, this is the place for you!
The ideal candidate:
- Personable, patient and kind. Laughter could almost be a must;
- Great administrative skills with good attention to detail;
- The ability to exercise good judgement and discretion with clients;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- The willingness to learn on the job in a beautiful environment;
- A desire to see if they can do even better than the day before;
- Full time availability from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Alas, we close the entire office at noon for the entire hour as everyone needs a real break!
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Answering, directing telephone calls, and taking accurate messages;
- Processing daily mail, including registered mail;
- Coordinating couriers;
- Banking, and document filing; and
- Copying, scanning, printing & binding compilation.
- This can be an entry level position or also a position with someone that has previous legal experience, and of course you will be paid commensurately, as your specific skills will obviously be valuable;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Word;
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Extended health, dental, life insurance and disability benefits; and
- Paid sick and personal days.
If you have not figured it out yet, we are different than other law firms, and hope that it shows!
We are all about treating each other with respect and trying to inject a little fun into the business day (ask about our trips to Mexico!) If we have something to resolve, we discuss it and try to resolve it, so that we can maintain not only a professional relationship, but a friendly one, too!
To see if you are the right one for us, and we are the right one for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Attention: Renee, c/o Courtyard Law Offices, 862 Bernard Avenue, Kelowna,, B.C, V1Y 6P5.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our firm!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33,500.00-$41,105.21 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types: