Senior Accountant – Public or Private Company
Purpose of Role:
Private Company: We are currently hiring for all office locations: Burnaby, South Surrey, Abbotsford, and Vancouver.
Public Company: We are currently hiring for our Vancouver office.
Under the supervision of their respective Manager, and/or Partner, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the completion of routine and complex engagements, and the organization and management of all client engagements.
· Manager/Senior Manager/Partner
· Designated CPA
· 1-2 years experience post-designation
· Minimum 3 years experience with public or private company work
· Demonstrated expert knowledge of relevant accounting principles and GAAP.
· Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Provides quality service
· Creative problem solving ability
· Strong engagement management skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· At minimum, 1 year experience managing and mentoring Junior Accountants.
· Identifies engagement issues and attempts to resolve them
Duties & Responsibilities
· Understands client business and identifies issues and suggests improvements
· Is able to produce concise and complete reports for review by engagement manager
· Applies technical knowledge and research in formulating client and firm related recommendations
· Working with the engagement manager, anticipates engagement issues and risks, assesses alternatives and takes appropriate action
· Train and mentor junior team members and provide feedback to ensure they are able to make improvements on subsequent engagements
· Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests
· Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
· Ensure compliance with internal control and policies
· Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting team and other departments
· Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
· Perform various analyses and prepare account reconciliations
· Assist with the management of clients and foster excellent relationships while seeking out new business opportunities
· Communicating with other members of the client service team, including partners and managers, to ensure client expectations are met and managed in a timely manner
· Actively supports and participates in firm wide initiatives
· Participates in the firm’s Team Development and Performance Management Program
· Promote the firm’s Quality Control Standards
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent