Come join BC’s fastest growing grocery retailer in an exciting and challenging role with our growing Learning and Development team!
Save-On-Foods is one of Western Canada's largest employers. Our legacy of outstanding value and customer service dates back more than 100 years largely due to our commitment to going the extra mile!
We are driven to meet the specific needs of each community we serve and have grown to become Western Canada’s premier grocer with four banners and more than 170 locations from British Columbia to Manitoba and the Yukon.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Specialist to join our team in Langley, BC.
Reporting to the Manager of Learning & Leadership Development you will responsible for managing a portfolio of learning projects and programs from design through to implementation and maintenance. Working with internal subject matter experts and external vendors, this role is a key contributor to the learning needs of the organization.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of learning projects and programs from design through implementation and maintenance.
- Facilitating content in both a classroom and virtual environment.
- Participating in organizational learning needs analysis.
- Working with in-house subject-matter experts and external vendors to design and develop e-learning and blended solutions that are just-in-time, engaging and interactive for adult learners in areas including operational training and leadership development.
- Serving as an advocate for the learner in recommending and developing learning solutions.
- Sourcing and analyzing “off-the shelf” learning & development products.
- Designing, developing and launching job aids and tools to managers and team members.
- Acting as a centre of expertise on learning-related topics, queries and initiatives.
- Acting as a resource to support the organization’s LMS through teaching and coaching users.
- Maintaining networks and partnerships with vendors, service providers and educational institutions.
- Remaining current in learning and e-learning solutions.
- Demonstrated in understanding effective leadership principles and Save-On-Foods’s leadership competencies.
- Experienced in virtual and face to face facilitation methods.
- Effective in project and program management in HR and/or Learning.
- Able to promote collaborative relationships at all levels in the organization with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in both verbal and written communication.
- Able to champion change and foster a culture of learning.
- Ability to perform in a face-paced work environment and on multiple projects.
- A sound analytical, critical thinker with strong problem-solving abilities.
- At least 5 years of direct learning solutions design & development experience ideally within a retail, customer-centric organization.
- Must have proven experience developing various types of learning including e-learning, face to face and video.
- Intermediate proficiency with authoring tools, such as Articulate 360.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Provincial Instructor’s Diploma (PID) or similar Adult Education certification is an asset.
- CPHR is considered an asset.
What we offer
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits, a company pension plan, free access to our onsite gym, free parking, team member offers, and opportunities for development and career progression.
Save-On-Foods is an inclusive team-oriented environment where we recognize achievements and celebrate them.
If you want to be part of an organization that makes an impact every day in our local communities, apply online today at www.saveonfoods.com/join-our-team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- CHRP (Required)
- Adult Education (Required)
- * Provincial Instructor’s Diploma (PID) (Required)