As an integral part of the guest experience, the Front Desk Agent in responsible for facilitating the check-in/check-out process with hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors. This position is scheduled weekly to cover two overnight agent shifts as well as vacation coverage.
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- Review out-of-order rooms daily to determine status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
- Review requests for late check-outs and approve according to occupancy.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system, verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Clear departures in computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Minimum of 1 year Luxury/Lifestyle hotel experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of OPERA application preferred. Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace, sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and filing tasks, and lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.70 to $14.70 /hour