Perform maintenance and repairs to equipment deployed at all the Region’s long-term care homes, including but not limited to, patient lifts, bathing systems, hospital beds, flusher disinfectors, laundry equipment/systems and food services equipment/systems. Perform maintenance on equipment as a factory-trained technician. Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems, laundry equipment/systems and food services equipment/systems and other equipment as directed. Coordinate the day to day operation of the preventive maintenance system under the direction of the Building Services Manager and/or Administrator or designate. .
- Grade 12 or equivalent and a Community College diploma in Building Environmental Systems (BES) Operator Class I & II or equivalent. – Required.
- Recognized training or education in one of the electrical, mechanical and plumbing trades is required.
- Preference given to candidates with Gas Technician 2 Certification
- Minimum of 1 year current related experience in building maintenance preferably in a long term care geriatric setting.
- Be familiar with relevant codes, e.g., building code, fire code, electrical code, etc.
- Additional job related courses preferred.
- Good understanding and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer systems.
- Mechanical and electrical training in equipment repairs and able to complete factory technician training for equipment.
- Working knowledge of Ministry of Health Long Term Care Legislation and Regulations under the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) as they pertain to Maintenance.
- Knowledge of client/participant safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply client/participant safety practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with service contractors, trades people, staff, residents and families.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate – Condition of Employment
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class G license for the class of the vehicle operated – Condition of Employment
- Good attendance record.
Currently scheduled 40 hours evenings shifts and may be required to work days, evenings and nights, including weekends.
Please note the incumbent is expected to work at all eight long term care homes.
An employee who accepts a temporary job posting shall remain in the temporary position until the temporary position ends or for at least six months, whichever comes first, after which the employee can exercise any rights s/he has to obtain another position, and with a second exception that the employee shall be permitted to vacate the temporary position earlier if the employee is accepting a permanent posting. Upon acceptance of the permanent position the employee shall not be permitted to apply or be awarded any further temporary job postings for a period of six (6) months.
Employees who have not completed their probationary period in their current position may apply. However, they will be considered in accordance with the Letter of Understanding #11 of the current collective agreement.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.