Health and Wellness Lead
Advanced Medical Group (AMG) is a state-of-the-art Medical Community located in London, Ontario. AMG offers a wide range of health and wellness programs, primary care, and specialty clinics to patients in London and the surrounding area, with a focus on Integrated Health and Wellness.
About the role
As the Program Lead, you are a key member of the team and your primary focus will be attracting and engaging new members into our programs. You will bring a desire to make a difference in the lives of members. You will enjoy working in a state-of-the-art facility collaboratively with other health and wellness providers, have a friendly and outgoing personality, and genuinely care about helping people. You must be comfortable in the sales process both via phone and in person.
Do you have the following experience and qualities?
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to meet targets
- Passion for health and wellness and making a difference in people’s lives
- Sales experience
- Ability and desire to motivate others
- Lead individual and group wellness and exercise programs
- Experience in fitness / health environment
- Budget development and monitoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required plus 2 or more years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications preferred but required within 30 days of employment
- Group Exercise class instruction requires recognized industry certification and is preferred
- Personal Training requires industry certification (CSEP, ACE, AFAA, ASCA, NSCA, NASM) is preferred
- Experience designing, and monitoring program outcomes and overseeing a fitness environment
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
***Advanced Medical Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time
- fitness / health environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology (Preferred)