PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applications sent to us via email. Visit itel.com/careers for more details.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for driving and executing on product solutions and bringing them to market. The Product Manager understands the customer’s needs and works collaboratively with team members to bring the product to life and to market. The individual understands iTel’s business and technology at a deep level to ensure the product meets the market need.
- Defines the product needs for the business, develops and executes on a product strategy and vision to bring the product to market.
- Manages all product development schedules and dependencies.
- Reviews incoming product requests, identifies market problems and works collaboratively with team members such as engineering, sales, marketing and support, to bring the product to market.
- Monitors market trends; studies & evaluates competitors services, products feature sets and user experience; understands the customer needs through research and market data.
- Identifies and presents innovative product solutions; identifies differentiation opportunities and translates these into new or improved product specifications by doing deep dives into target market segments.
- Prioritizes various product development projects, manages a project timeline and schedule for implementation.
- Conducts regular new product introduction meetings to ensure all stakeholders are kept in the loop on the overall product development process.
- Collaborates with executives, developers, engineering, sales, marketing, business development, operations and legal throughout the product life cycle.
- Defines product metrics, monitor KPIs, perform data analysis to make data-driven product decisions.
- Summarizes expected revenue and costs associated with the new product requests (return-on-investment analysis).
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production costs and anticipated demand.
- Create long- and short-term product sales forecasts and analysis for management.
- Assists sales/marketing with developing product-specific communications, webinars and product videos.
- Identifies and learns about new technologies that can address customer problems or gaps in the market.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of three years’ recent, related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, skills and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards
- Demonstrates initiative, judgment and adaptability; takes a solution-based approach to problems and resolves problems quickly and effectively
- Possesses strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management skills; possesses a successful track record of completing medium to large-scale projects from definition to delivery
- Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
- Demonstrated experience using testing methods (A/B, focus groups) to evolve products and/or marketing campaign performance
- Ability to organize work, be accurate, set priorities, multi-task and work with minimal direction; ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, or independently
- Ability to be creative and innovative to respond to the business and technical support needs
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship skills and provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients; acts as a customer advocate
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities with a technical and non-technical audience
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and engage in any activity to complete the product
- Possesses an entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to have fun and inspire the team
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Passionate about bringing big, creative ideas to market
- Ability to lead and influence people and align diverse teams to a common goal
- Willingness to think outside the box and act both strategically and tactically
- Experience working in a Product Management role in an Agile environment, with a record of launching successful products to market
- Ability to travel
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft suite applications
Any credential may be considered when you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. If you want to be a part of an incredibly hard-working and ambitious team, you are in the right place!
Note: Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for any position.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining;
- Why do you want to be a member of the iTel team?
- Tell us about an experience that you think showcases your skills.
- An interesting fact (not necessarily about you).
- How did you find out about us?
When attaching your resume, please send it as a PDF file. Email everything to careers(at)itel.com and include the job title in the subject line. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Market Research: 3 years (Preferred)