Help us create the biggest possible impact for our community!
The Director, Impact, Innovation & Evaluation has a strategic leadership role in positioning United Way as a forward-looking organization that is responsive to the needs of our community. With a keen eye on trends and emerging issues, the Director employs social innovation approaches to develop community impact products that result in positive social change. Working with our strategic stakeholders, including agency partners, this position will champion best practice evaluation methodologies to monitor and report on our collective progress, and provide accountability mechanisms to our donors and funders.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Impact, this role:
- Leads the creation of custom impact products designed to achieve specific community outcomes, and serve as investment opportunities for corporate or individual vision philanthropists.
- Provides advice to Partnership Development Managers on aligning campaign approaches with workplace partners corporate social responsibility goals or social purpose interests.
- Leads the sourcing of research, results and stories highlighting United Way’s impact for inclusion in stewardship reports to donors, media features, digital and print marketing.
- Leads a team responsible for our employee engagement program which provides meaningful volunteer experiences to employees from our workplace partners.
- In collaboration with agencies and strategic partners, continuously improves our collection of community impact metrics and outcomes.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise in program evaluation and measurement, including knowledge of external best practices and contemporary trends.
- Develops white papers on current community impact issues, emerging trends and effective practice research.
- Networks with community leaders across sectors to gain insight into community goals and trends.
- Liaises with relevant networks, including the United Way movement provincially, nationally and worldwide.
You are a collaborative team leader with initiative, intellectual curiosity and a passionate interest in making Winnipeg a better place. You also possess the following qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and related experience:
- Relevant post-secondary degree in social services/health/education/business (Masters preferred), and 5-7 years related experience
- Five years progressive experience in the design and implementation of quantitative research analysis, impact/performance measurement, and program evaluations in a public sector or not for profit setting
- Demonstrated experience in project management (including managing multiple initiatives simultaneously), qualitative analysis and applied econometrics/statistics
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills, including strong report writing, ability to facilitate discussions, and experience presenting to small and large groups across sectors
- Excellent analytical and critical/strategic thinking skills including problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research. Experience with CRM and statistical analysis systems such as SPSS an asset
United Way Winnipeg offers opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career! We offer excellent benefits including free health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, family sick leave and a generous vacation package. We also have a flexible work environment and are a fun and supportive workplace.
United Way Winnipeg is committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce that reflects the demographics of the communities we serve. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. Closing date for this opportunity is October 27, 2019.
United Way only accepts resumes via online application, through our website. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time