ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a highly skilled Game Writer to work on a AAA VR action-adventure game title. The ideal candidate is passionate about the art of storytelling through interactive narratives and experienced in writing dialogue, scenes, story treatments, found narrative, barks, and other supporting text for games. This is a fulltime, 12 months fixed-term contract position, with the possibility to extend.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates outside of BC, Canada.
ABOUT YOU: You are a mid-to senior-level writer who has shipped at least one AAA game. Ideally, you have experience with branching narrative or experience writing for an interactive experience. You are skilled in dialogue and narrative design. You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience.
- Reporting to the Lead Writer, you will be working from an overall game story to come up with a detailed narrative plan for a significant chunk of the game.
- Assisting with the construction the overall story of the game by pitching ideas to various team members and leadership.
- Writing cinematics, dialogue, UI text, and other narrative content.
- Writing systemic dialogue and ensuring proper probability balancing in the game.
- Assistance with setting requirements for narrative tools.
- Ensuring all details of relevant game sections are up to to standard and being tracked.
- Collaborating closely with other writers, finding ways to build better story ideas together.
- Have shipped at least one game (preferably AAA) as a writer.
- Experience with dramatic writing (for film or stage).
- Strong understanding of game development process and willingness to work with narrative tools.
- Exemplary English language vocabulary and grammar skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- A wealth of game knowledge for inspiration and reference.
- The ability to work independently in order to complete tasks within deadlines.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to effectively gather and filter feedback, gauge player reactions and effectively iterate on story.
- The ability to hold effective level and story discussions.
- A passion for video games and experience playing a variety of genres.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with writing for VR/AR games.
BENEFITS - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
- A competitive base salary.
- 4% vacation pay and sick days.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Relocation assistance.
- A fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a link to your portfolio of writing samples (no longer than 20 pages or equivalent) with your application. One sample should be interactive in nature. You may include gameplay footage from a product you worked on. If you are shortlisted, you may be asked to perform a writing test.