Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Integration, the Sr. Project Manager, Business Integration will leverage his or her extensive prior experience in leading M&A business integrations to bring best practices to the organization. The key objective of the role is to support Canopy’s corporate strategic long-term business plan by successfully managing the business integration of acquired companies.
The Sr. Project Manager, Business Integration will work closely with the M&A/Business Development team and lead cross-functional teams from across the organization throughout the due diligence phase, providing support to the leadership team. Post-transaction, the Sr. Project Manager, will “own” the business integration and transformation process, working with a cross-functional team to provide “Day 1” and “Day 100” planning and post-deal implementation.
- Work closely with the North America Canopy leadership & Director of Business Integration to create and execute an integration plan for newly acquired companies
- Lead the cross-functional integration team with a focus on synergies, “Day 1” readiness, executive reporting, integration roadmap (Day 1 and 100 plan), communications and organizational design.
- Lead Day 1 and 100 Day planning and execution in the key areas:
- Operational optimization/consolidation
- Back office consolidation
- IT/reporting integration
- Customer and channel management
- HR/Financial reporting integration
- Track progress against Day 1 and 100 Day objectives and adjust integration as required
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional leaders to determine integration priorities, set goals, and develop plans
- Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional team members and stakeholders in order to deliver work-stream/initiatives/projects according to plan
- Track progress of all projects, manage the communication process in a manner that does not tax the time and other resources of business unit leads, and escalate issues as required
- Design and deliver the plan for integration including communication, training, and readiness materials to ensure a smooth transition of new processes, tools, etc.
- Define and execute mitigation plans to minimize risks
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years in acquisition integration and/or business transformation experience within a corporate office or consulting firm required
- Extensive experience in post-acquisition integration planning and execution
- Significant prior experience managing cross functional teams
- Experience with business process improvement projects
- Demonstrated track record of successful execution
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring, prioritizing and managing multiple work streams independently
- Discipline of planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific goals and objectives
- Proficiency with project management tools. SmartSheets an asset
- PMP or equivalent required
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to navigate a high growth, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to travel
- Collaborative, committed team-oriented leader capable of garnering respect across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Highly articulate, with strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of operations and back office functions
- Strong sense of ownership. Proactive, with a high energy level, sense of urgency and drive to excel
- Highly organized, self-motivated, a good listener and able to work independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks and successfully prioritize to deliver results in the face of competing business interests and changing priorities
- Ability to identify core issues quickly and put structure around ambiguity
This is a full-time position based out of Kanata or Toronto.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.