As a key member of the Strategic Portfolio Management Office, the Senior Project Manager uses exceptional organizational and communications skills to track, document, and report project status and results to team members, management, and other stakeholders. The position provides leadership, consulting, monitoring, and problem resolution for projects and promotes and supports project management methodology, practices, and procedures to every level of the organization.
To provide senior, quality project management services through all phases of the Project Management lifecycle to ensure successful project delivery and high customer satisfaction. The individual will be responsible to ensure the delivery of IT projects, and must have in depth and current knowledge of IT project management. The work envisioned for this role will have a client impact making this a highly visible role.
- Project Leadership – provide leadership on multiple complex strategic projects through all phases of the Project Management lifecycle according to established standards;
- Project Cost Management - develop and manage project budgets based on approved forecasts; manage contract deliverables and recommend/authorize contract payments;
- Project Scope Management - develop and manage work breakdown structures designed to achieve approved project objectives;
- Project Schedule Management - develop and manage schedules based on approved project timelines; manage and direct assigned project resources;
- Project Change Management – ensure all changes to project cost, scope, and schedule are managed according to established change management processes;
- Project Risk Management – identify and prioritize project risks, develop risk handling plans, and ensure issues are properly escalated;
- Communications – present and communicate project status, risks, and issues to all stakeholders according to their needs;
- Standards and Methodology - recommend improvements to established project and program management standards, practices and tools, as appropriate; and
- Other - perform other related duties as directed by the responsible Director.
Education and Experience
- Degree and 5 years of related experience; or
- Diploma and 6 years of related experience; or
- Certificate or program completion, or some course work, and 7 years of related experience; or 8 years of related experience;
- Scrum Master certification and Agile experience would be an asset;
- ITIL Certification would be an asset; and
- PMP Certification would be an asset.
Related education and experience must be in the field of Business, Information Technology, and Project Management. There will be different combinations of relevant experience, education, and/or training that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Evidence of managing complex IT application development and infrastructure projects at an executive level;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization;
- Ability to build consensus and apply effective conflict resolution techniques;
- Effective at using negotiation, persuasion, and influence to ensure successful project outcomes;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure while effectively managing multiple complex projects;
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with all levels of management and participate as an effective leader;
- Excellent team building skills, utilizing appropriate leadership styles to inspire shared vision;
- Experience managing and directing team members in a unionized environment;
- Integrity based leadership to build open and honest communications based on shared values;
- Critical listening skills to ensure all project input is captured and actioned successfully;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to help overcome project challenges effectively by developing alternative approaches and solutions to meet project needs;
- Ability to anticipate the consequences of project choices on the team, the client, and project outcomes; and
- Experience and proven application of formal project management methodologies (PMBOK), processes, and tools.
- May be required to work overtime.
The full job description and posting are available on our website: https://www.dxcas.com/index.php/careers/current-opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $88,461.01 to $101,150.54 /year