- 10+ years of experience with data analytics IT platform implementation with 3+ years of hands on implementation or model design experience with AI and ML
- 5+ hands on experience developing software code in one more programming languages
- Hands on experience leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) and analytics projects
- Existing Secret level security clearance with the Federal Government of Canada or qualified to obtain it.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Are you an experienced specialist in data analytics who is at the top of their field in data warehousing, data lakes or AI/ML technology? Have you helped organizations re-think their data and analytics? Do you like to engage with customers to determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cutting edge cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Senior Data Architect to help our Government customers (Federal, Provincial, Local) take advantage of cloud technology with their data. As a Senior Data Architect, you thrive on solving our customers’ most complex data challenges. Your day to day will consist of developing and delivering proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and guidance solving some of Canada’s largest data analytics and business intelligence projects.
You will focus on delivering innovative solutions to our public sector customers by accelerating their adoption of cloud and driving the value of their investment in AWS. Utilizing your broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations you will create solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. You will work with customers to assist in:
- The delivery of high-quality engagements around services, solution areas, and technologies into diverse client environments leveraging available IP and following defined delivery methodologies and service offerings.
- Capturing requirements, business goals and objectives and helping create technology solutions using AWS Services
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Lead technical discussions with customer IT executives and hands on delivery teams to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
Our Consultants work with Government customers in a variety of locations across Canada. Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% can be typical. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires you to currently hold or be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance, and willing to maintain the clearance.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience with data lakes and data warehouses
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
- Experience in AWS Platforms and Services
- AWS Associate or Professional Architect Certification
- Experience with Agile execution, cloud migration factory
- Project implementation experience with Canadian Public Sector (Federal, Provincial Governments)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.