Calling all Outbound Sales Development Representatives for January 2019 & onward!
Vend's mission is simple:
to create remarkable retail life. We help our retailers build thriving businesses, live more fulfilling lives and create experiences that people love. And as we do, we encourage the diversity that makes communities unique.
We have over 240 talented people across Auckland, Toronto, London and Melbourne working to delight approximately 20,000 awesome retailers worldwide who are running successful retail operations in their communities and online.
And we are growing….Over the next year, we're expanding our Outbound Sales team in Toronto! We're building out pipeline of candidates for as soon as January 2019 ( some to start before the new year if immediately available!) who are keen to work for an amazing company with one of a kind culture and jump into the next stage of their career! We are on the lookout for exceptional sales professionals at the early stages in their career. Whether you've interned for a SaaS company, worked in retail sales or have dipped your toes in the cold calling world and are hungry to learn and ready for a change we'd love to hear from you!.
In a role on our sales team you would be directly responsible for…
- Sourcing new leads and lead sources on the internet
- Prospecting leads by conducting a high-volume of outbound calls to prospective retailers and getting them excited about Vend as their retail solution!
- Building out a robust pipeline of sales appointments and converting qualifies leads into opportunities for our account executives
- Researching and reaching out to retailers over the phone, email, LinkedIn and initiate the sales process by kicking off a hearty yet thorough discussion to determine if Vend has a place in their hearts (and stores!).
- Consistently hitting and exceeding targets and building a strong pipeline of leads.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Strong desire to learn and be successful in Software Sales
- You consider yourself extremely coachable and have had success in the past by following direction and guidance of others
- You have some experience cold calling OR are totally comfortable making hundreds of dials a week
- You are unfazed by rejection, it actually motivates you to work harder!
- You are motivated by personal targets and financial gain
- You are a self starter who is adaptable to change
- You are genuinely curious and interested in sales as a science or psychology
- You have excellent communication skills and are very comfortable making sales calls over the phone or via email reaching out to retailers from all walks of life and have a great approach to turning a cold call into a happy engaged prospect.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we're looking to ensure it's a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world, feel free to check out the #LifeAtVend and #WeWorkAtVend hashtag on Instagram and see all our fun times.
Now that you're done reading, apply already!
- Our mission is to create remarkable retail life, and we aspire to be a remarkable company: a global leader transforming an industry, while genuinely doing the right thing for our retailers and our people. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Vend. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know*.