Construction Site Superintendent – Position Overview
As a Site Superintendent you will have the opportunity to work on world-class art, architecture and placemaking projects. You must be able to thrive in a busy working environment and be a committed team player with the ability to supervise a diverse project team. You will contribute to the Heavy Way by demonstrating positive behaviors in excellence, communication and culture. You will lead by example with integrity, ownership and unity.
The Site Superintendent will be responsible for ensuring that Projects and the Project teams meet their milestones, have the right tools, drawings and materials to be successful with their project in the shop and on site.
The Site Superintendent will report to the Plant Manager.
Qualifications/Required Knowledge & Skills
· Red seal trade certification
· 5-10 years experience directly supervising up to 15 people on multiple projects.
· Extensive experience at a senior level for reading and understanding drawings, including Architectural, Mechanical and Structural drawings.
· CWB experience with the ability to read and interpret plans, CWB sheets.
· Experience and able to demonstrate the ability to work with cranes and unconventional lifts. Including supervising and participating in rigging and hoisting operations that exceed 20,000 pounds.
· Familiarity with site requirements for large general contractors, owner direct and prime contracts
· Detail oriented with job task planning and organizing, ability to create, adjust and prioritize tasks, schedules and milestones
· Intermediate computer literacy, including use of email, viewing PDF files, organizing filing and distribution of information/data.
· Demonstrates the expertise to handle the installation of complex and challenging creative projects ranging in size and scale.
· Demonstrated experience with problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking
· Outstanding written and verbal communication and exceptional organizational skills on all levels including team members, subcontractors, advisors, consultants and partners/clients.
· Travel within North America is required
· Clean drivers abstract (less than 6 demerits) – employment subject to clean drivers abstract.
· 100% adherence to internal COR safety program, including monitoring and training for direct reports and actively participates in the development, and maintenance of the safety culture on the project.
· Ensure site logistics are well planned for safe install of all work.
· Experts at logistical planning, strategizing and prioritizing while working collaboratively to complete projects within tight timelines and rapidly changing environments.
· Must be able to work in an Office and Field environment.
· Must be able to manage the install requirements and team members for multiple ongoing projects and deadlines.
· Micro schedule daily tasks for yourself with regards to trade, material and labor requirements.
· Must be able to create installation plan for review and discussion with Production Manager PRIOR to work commencing.
· Manage the overall coordination and performance of all on-site activities and implements corrective action when necessary;
· Work closely with internal Project Manager (s) to manage and control project costs and schedule. Ensure all changes, revisions and work orders are reviewed with Project Manager (s) and documented accurately.
· Work as a team with Designers, Project Managers, and Clients to ensure plans and specifications are being followed. Identifying potential risks and develop a job plan and all Installation requirements, while proactively evaluating project developments that could affect project profit schedule, costs, client relations, and internal relations.
· Daily updates to Production Manager /Management of site progress, including advising management regarding developments that could affect project profit, schedule, costs, client relations, and internal relations.
· Daily project review with Production Manager of ongoing project progress for scheduling of on-site work, re-align crews to accommodate conditions and work availability.
· Must have unique, proactive problem-solving skills while being aware of safety priorities, budget, and schedule.
· Executes work in accordance with the project quality standards and requirements at ALL levels of the project from concept to completion;
· Ensure all tools/equipment are in working order PRIOR to commencement of work.
· Participate in the physical installation on site as required.
· Proactively manage site conflicts between, internal and external clients, trades, drawings and construction documents.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent